border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-19, 05:47 PM   #1
That Guy

Cage size minimum for WLP

Hello all. First post here. I seem to have trouble finding many post on WLP. I recently picked up a juvenile pair and i am going to build them cages(separate) my question is, what would a minimum size be? I read they like multiple hides and can be climbers. I want to build a stackable cage so i dont want to go super high. Just trying to see what a suggested h×d×w size might be for when these guys become adults as these will hopefully be there first and last cage. Also i read different things as far as heat goes. Would a covered heat tape be best or should i stick with a heat pad and heat lamps.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-16-19, 06:51 AM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: Cage size minimum for WLP

White lips obtain a decent size and from my experience are semi-arboreal.

You're definitely looking at 4 x 2 x 18 inches or 2 feet for a single adult enclosure. Some specimens do obtain a larger size and would need something bigger.
Old 09-16-19, 10:15 AM   #3
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I agree with Aaron. A 4x2x2 or 6x2x2 would be a nice sized enclosure for a WLP.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-16-19, 12:44 PM   #4
Scubadiver59

Welcome to the sSNAKESs forum!!

Which WLPs did you pick up...Northern or Southern?

I have two Northern sub-adults, that are still in quarantine, and I have a breeding pair coming in later this month. My sub-adults will be in a 40gal for the first few months and then I'll eventually get them into a 4'x2'x20" Melamine-laminated wooden enclosure. The breeding pair will go straight into the 4'x2'x20" enclosures.

Make sure you put something for them to climb on in the enclosure, branches, dowels, etc. and some fake plants/vines.
Old 09-16-19, 06:11 PM   #5
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiver59 View Post

I have two Northern sub-adults, that are still in quarantine, and I have a breeding pair coming in later this month. My sub-adults will be in a 40gal for the first few months and then I'll eventually get them into a 4'x2'x20" Melamine-laminated wooden enclosure. The breeding pair will go straight into the 4'x2'x20" enclosures.

Make sure you put something for them to climb on in the enclosure, branches, dowels, etc. and some fake plants/vines.
I also have northern.

Are you keeping them (male and female) separate?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread