sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-10, 11:49 PM   #1
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

brb QUESTION...

Hey just real quick... my brb never seems like she is in the water... it is wide open bowl with nothing covering it, could that be why? her sheds are good everytime, but i was reading that they like to swim, and videos i see they always seem to be in water... just wondering, thanks!
Old 12-12-10, 11:58 PM   #2
TeaNinja

Re: brb QUESTION...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL_Boa View Post
Hey just real quick... my brb never seems like she is in the water... it is wide open bowl with nothing covering it, could that be why? her sheds are good everytime, but i was reading that they like to swim, and videos i see they always seem to be in water... just wondering, thanks!
maybe she likes to soak when you aren't home, or in the other room, or while you're sleeping.
Old 12-13-10, 12:09 AM   #3
Grimleo

I NEVER even saw my brb for the first 2 months I had him, let alone saw him soaking in his water. But I recently found him soaking before a shed for the first time.

I think they're ninja soakers. ^^^ xD
Old 12-13-10, 12:13 AM   #4
Ch^4
3.141592653 Pythons

^^ Good point. We are not always able to see what our snakes are doing...unless you monitor them 24/7.

I've only seen my BRB bathe twice. Once last night, but she is starting her shed cycle. Her humidity is always maintained at 70-80% (she's young) and she has a humid hide (which she rarely uses).

If you're keeping the humidity at proper levels, lack of bathing shouldn't be a problem.

I would suggest, however, using something to make her feel more secure if she did want to bathe. I have a little "hut" that covers about half of her water dish and an artificial plant that covers the rest. I'll try to post pics later.
Old 12-13-10, 12:20 AM   #5
Ch^4
3.141592653 Pythons

It's hard to see any signs of her water dish, but I can assure you that it is indeed there!

Also, individual snakes, even of the same species, can exhibit vastly different behaviors; one BRB may love to swim, while the other may hate it.

I've read about and seen many BPs that love taking baths. I've seen my adult BP in his water maybe twice over a 5 year period and that was because we had a heat wave.

Improper husbandry may also cause a snake to bathe. IMHO

Haha, ninja soakers indeed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC120001.jpg (24.5 KB, 22 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 12-14-10, 08:25 PM   #6
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

well, i re arranged he cage and put some vines over her dish and now she is soaking... lol so i guess she was jsut shy.