border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Photography Discussion.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-05, 09:47 PM   #1
Ben_Renick

Send a message via AIM to Ben_Renick Send a message via MSN to Ben_Renick
Anacondas!

Well, of course I'm back with my Anacondas. And whoever says condas can't read, well that's just plain crazy.

And my Green just roaming around my basement.

My Green x Yellow Anaconda, just a size comparison.

And her stretched out.

And then one of my cages.

And just so everyone knows, I am going to try and breed my Green Anaconda and my Hybrid Anaconda this upcoming season, so hopfully I will have a clutch this time next year. I've been trying to get all the information I can on breeding them since this would be my first Anaconda breeding attempt. I know some of you might be against hybrids and everything, and if you are, I'm sorry, but common, they are beautiful snakes, and still living creatures I might add.
Thanks for looking and also, and breeding information would be awesome too!
~Ben
Login to remove ads
Old 07-31-05, 12:28 PM   #2
pitviper10

Send a message via AIM to pitviper10
wow that is really a beautiful snake!! good luck with breeding!!
Old 07-31-05, 12:51 PM   #3
bubba

breeding anacondas

If you can get hold of a copy of "Advances in Herpetoculture" Number 1 June 1996 there is an excellent article by Peter Strimple on breeding anacondas.
Old 07-31-05, 03:30 PM   #4
impy

nice pics what book is "she " reading
lol
Old 07-31-05, 03:52 PM   #5
Ben_Renick

Thanks for the comments and I will try and get ahold of it! lol, she was reading Harry Potter.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-31-05, 05:19 PM   #6
Them and Us

Send a message via ICQ to Them and Us Send a message via AIM to Them and Us
thought so. the 6th cook was great. finished it first day ha.
Old 08-10-05, 05:03 PM   #7
camille

Send a message via MSN to camille Send a message via Yahoo to camille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Renick
Well, of course I'm back with my Anacondas. And whoever says condas can't read, well that's just plain crazy.

And my Green just roaming around my basement.

My Green x Yellow Anaconda, just a size comparison.

And her stretched out.

And then one of my cages.

And just so everyone knows, I am going to try and breed my Green Anaconda and my Hybrid Anaconda this upcoming season, so hopfully I will have a clutch this time next year. I've been trying to get all the information I can on breeding them since this would be my first Anaconda breeding attempt. I know some of you might be against hybrids and everything, and if you are, I'm sorry, but common, they are beautiful snakes, and still living creatures I might add.
Thanks for looking and also, and breeding information would be awesome too!
~Ben
hey just woundering. are anacondas big biters?
Old 08-10-05, 05:06 PM   #8
Ben_Renick

Really depends, most would say yes, I would say, maybe. It's hard to tell, Anacondas are very personal snakes, and if you do something they dislike, they will show you that they dislike it. So it really depends on the snake. Just be prepared for a bite at any size though, always. And as babies, they tend to be pretty nippy, but in most cases will calm down over time. Always have better luck with C/b's. Hope this helps ya!
~Ben
Old 08-10-05, 05:08 PM   #9
camille

Quote:
Really depends, most would say yes, I would say, maybe. It's hard to tell, Anacondas are very personal snakes, and if you do something they dislike, they will show you that they dislike it. So it really depends on the snake. Just be prepared for a bite at any size though, always. And as babies, they tend to be pretty nippy, but in most cases will calm down over time. Always have better luck with C/b's. Hope this helps ya!
~Ben
whats c/b?
Old 08-10-05, 05:09 PM   #10
camille

Quote:
Originally Posted by camille
whats c/b?
never mind....captive bred
Old 08-10-05, 05:19 PM   #11
Bartman

Send a message via ICQ to Bartman
Ya I deffinetly know what you mean by them showing you when they're being bothered The ones at work arent bad but if poke them to many times with the snake hook when trying to seperate them or work with them, she'll turn around and just look pissed.

They're not to bad but deffinetly they're known to be biters generally. I'd say they're like any big boid really..if you work with it when its small it should be great when its older.

Those are good looking snakes. I love the greens so much but have never had the chance to work with one yet. One day
Old 08-10-05, 05:21 PM   #12
camille

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman
Ya I deffinetly know what you mean by them showing you when they're being bothered The ones at work arent bad but if poke them to many times with the snake hook when trying to seperate them or work with them, she'll turn around and just look pissed.

They're not to bad but deffinetly they're known to be biters generally. I'd say they're like any big boid really..if you work with it when its small it should be great when its older.

Those are good looking snakes. I love the greens so much but have never had the chance to work with one yet. One day
id like to get a big snake but its the resposability that im not shure yet about. i wouldnt get one now anyways im not even in college yet.
Old 08-10-05, 05:27 PM   #13
Ben_Renick

Yeah, they typically don't like the poking or grabbing scenarios... Yeah, they are a very large boid, but not really like most others, these have a lot of things to them that most big boids don't have. These deffidently aren't first large boids to own, burms tend to be better large boids to start off with, at least over an Anaconda.
~Ben
Old 08-10-05, 05:28 PM   #14
camille

Quote:
Yeah, they typically don't like the poking or grabbing scenarios... Yeah, they are a very large boid, but not really like most others, these have a lot of things to them that most big boids don't have. These deffidently aren't first large boids to own, burms tend to be better large boids to start off with, at least over an Anaconda.
~Ben
i think id probably do that.
Old 08-10-05, 05:38 PM   #15
anaconda

Must be careful around them otherwise........

PS - I was just having fun with Ren, my 12 foot female. Anacondas are what "you" make of them. Ren is a wild caught that I got when she was young and is one of my most "fun" snakes to play with. She hates going back in her enclosure!

Quit helping your boss to live his dreams - start living yours! www.wowfactormarketing.net
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread