border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > Eublepharis Macularius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-03, 12:18 AM   #1
stretch

Few questions about my leo.

Do you need to dust the food with calcium even if you already have calcium in the tank? Also I just got an albino todat but he is about an inch smaller than the other leo's. Is he/she too small to be put with the others? Is there any different things I have to do to the albino that I don't do to the others? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by stretch; 08-20-03 at 12:28 AM..
Login to remove ads
Old 08-20-03, 12:29 AM   #2
Zoe

Send a message via MSN to Zoe
Yes you need dust food with minerals/calcium. And yep,. seperate your new leo until he is the same size. Also, you shouldn't be considering putting a new leo in with your group anyway. You should quarantine this leo for at least 3 months, and make sure he has had a clean fecal.

You don't need to do anything special for your albino unless you notice signs of photophobia, in which case you'll want to keep the lights a little dimmer than normal.
Old 08-20-03, 05:19 AM   #3
LISA127

Send a message via Yahoo to LISA127
Is your new albino and the others babies? If so, keep them separated until they are older. And u should quarantine for a while anyway. I keep shallow bowls of calcium in all my leo cages. When I am feeding mealworms in a bowl I put calcium in the bowl with the mealworms. When I feed crickets, which is less often than mealworms for the adults, I don't usually dust. I just gutload them. The only leo I dust the crickets for is my 3 month old who is still going thru rapid growth.
Old 08-20-03, 02:32 PM   #4
Neo

Send a message via AIM to Neo
albinos take about 3-4 months to get used to light. u may see it walk around w/ its eyes closed. if this is the case dim the lights. u could house them together if u dim the lights for them all
Old 08-20-03, 02:35 PM   #5
drewlowe

Send a message via MSN to drewlowe Send a message via Yahoo to drewlowe
quarintine for at least 3 months just as zoe said. That way you know they are ok eating wise and such. It would be a bad idea to get a fecal done at that time to make sure it is parasite free. and what zoe said about the calcium i agree with.
1.2 Bearded dragons (Login, Raven, & Jean Grey) 1.1.1 Corn snakes(Havoc,Sable, & Kink0 1.5 Leo's (Psyloke (Lucky-male) Speedball, Domino, Rouge, Siren, Elektra) 1.0 Veiled Chams (Neo), 0.1 Rose Hair T. (Night Crawler) 0.0.3 Crested Geckos (Shiva, Storm, Beast) 0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Tigra & Cloak)
Login to remove ads
Old 08-20-03, 09:45 PM   #6
stretch

Thanks for all the replies. Once I get the fecal done then would it be cool if I housed them together? Its not that much smaller than the others. I see them lapping up calcium constantly why would it be necessary to dust their food too. I think that would be too much calcium. I dust their food already with herptivite
Old 08-21-03, 10:28 AM   #7
stretch

Any more replies ?
Old 08-22-03, 10:28 PM   #8
stretch

No one has anything more to add ? Need some more help on the leo subject.
Old 08-23-03, 07:55 AM   #9
Alicewave

Send a message via AIM to Alicewave Send a message via MSN to Alicewave Send a message via Yahoo to Alicewave
I didn't read all the replies but for babies dust at every feeding. When their apetite slows to eating every other day or every couple days then dust every other feeding but leave them a dish of it in case they need extra.
Old 08-23-03, 10:01 AM   #10
peregrinefalcon

Send a message via MSN to peregrinefalcon
I would still dust their food at least 3 times a week, as long as they are licking up the calcium and you are gut-loading the insects. You could probably house them together, just keep a close eye on them so everyone gets their fair share of food and doesn't get bullied.
Adam

My Picture Gallery
Login to remove ads
Old 08-23-03, 01:32 PM   #11
Zoe

Send a message via MSN to Zoe
I wouldn't house them together yet. Probably nothing will happen, but its possible the bigger ones pick on him, or that he has a health problem other than internal parasites.

Zoe
Closed Thread