border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Field Herping

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-03, 05:33 PM   #1
Mike177

Send a message via AIM to Mike177 Send a message via MSN to Mike177 Send a message via Yahoo to Mike177
Texas Rat Snake in ........well......Texas

yesterday RachelS. Pres.Nixon and Well a kid who is not a member of this site and I went herping at a park near my house we looked for like 45 min. and we where sad that we couldnt find anything. i was completly wet from head to toe and i didnt want to go home empty handed.but they wanted to give up they where like NOOOO LETS GO HOME IT TOO HOT MEAHHH MEHHH MEHHH MEHHH!!!!!!. but i pushed on and they got up off their lazy asses to follow me. well to make a long story short we got a texas rat snake took it home gave him a little snack and realesed it today. and i got some pics!

Login to remove ads
Old 05-25-03, 06:12 PM   #2
NewLineReptile

Send a message via MSN to NewLineReptile
Good Stuff he don't look to happy
newlinereptile@sympatico.ca
Old 05-25-03, 06:24 PM   #3
Mike177

Send a message via AIM to Mike177 Send a message via MSN to Mike177 Send a message via Yahoo to Mike177
ya i dont blame him eather. when i saw him i didnt want to let him get away so i said screw the hook and just grabed him. i got bit cuz he his alot faster then me when i am up to my waist in water but i didnt mind cuz i got something but hey at least he got a free meal and clean water for a day
Old 05-26-03, 08:59 AM   #4
RachelS.

Send a message via AIM to RachelS. Send a message via Yahoo to RachelS.
LOL that is sooooo mean! I was like sweaty, hot, and tired!! And didn't find one single thing! Don't blame me for wanting to go back to your house
Old 05-26-03, 11:37 AM   #5
Alan311

Send a message via AIM to Alan311
Awsome Mike, i wish i could have been there to catch him but i was having to much fun at my cousins house anyways if im not busy or not haveing any fun at my house then we can go herping and try to catch one when im there ok well Great Job talk to u some other time
Old 05-26-03, 01:54 PM   #6
KrokadilyanGuy3

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3
... Looks like an intergrade. Great looking snake though, last year my area was hit with tons of Texas rat snakes but this year I've only found one. Here's a pic of the one I found.Xain

Last edited by KrokadilyanGuy3; 05-26-03 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-27-03, 09:10 PM   #7
Lisa

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa Send a message via MSN to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Nice shots. Goes to show you that you don't always get to find stuff just like that. (Like herp shows on tv get one animal after another).

I do have one issue though, bringing it home and releasing it. especially if you have non native species at home. there's too much chance of releasing it with potentialy dangerous bacteria that is harmless to your current collection but not to the native species. Either keep it or don't bring it home in the first place.

May you live in interesting times.
Closed Thread