border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-21, 10:16 AM   #1
Tre3hugger

Anyone communicated with AP cages lately?

Hey guys. I ordered a "quicker ship" t8 from the Animal Plastics website on Feb 10th. I quickly received a virtual receipt and my account was charged. Over the last 2 weeks I have sent them multiple (3) e-mails inquiring about the approximate lead time on the product. I understand it may be a while, and am just curious around when to expect it. This morning I called them and there was no answer at their number. I am starting to get a bit worried.

Has anyone talked to anyone from AP recently or received a cage in the recent past? Can you guys assure me that AP is super legit, and I will get my cage, even if it is later rather than sooner?

My worries are probably baseless, but figured I would reach out. Thank you in advance for any info!
Login to remove ads
Old 02-25-21, 06:18 PM   #2
poison123

Re: Anyone communicated with AP cages lately?

AP is 100% legit and their cages are very well put together (my brother has some of their racks and enclosures). They are however really really backed up it now takes several months to receive your order. A fellow member here named chairman just got in his racks I believe after waiting months. I placed and order last year but canceled after a month just cause I didn't feel like waiting. They have no issue giving refunds they sent my refund within 15 mins of asking I suspect they get a lot of request for it. I've heard of people waiting 6+ months to receive one of their quick ship items. But yeah they are for sure legit.
Old 02-25-21, 06:47 PM   #3
chairman

As noted...

My most recent order from AP was for a T8 with swing doors, two T10s, and a couple dividers. My lead time was either 12 or 15 weeks (I don't remember which) and my cages were supposed to arrive in August 2020. I contacted AP by email a week before the delivery window opened for an update; they told me they were running slow and the delivery would be toward the end of the window. I contacted them again after the window closed and they responded with an update. The cages arrived about a month late? Something like that.

I'm not sure they have staff dedicated to answering the phone, the company seems to respond best via email. I found that sending an email to their info@ address to be best. Make sure to include your receipt number so you can get a quicker response.

There are definitely aspects of AP's business model that need improvement. But their cages are among the best available and they clearly have a large enough sales volume to outcompete everyone else on price.
Old 02-26-21, 09:29 AM   #4
Tre3hugger

Thank you for the responses. I guess I will keep e-mailing and calling until I get an answer from them. I plan on getting my snake on march 28th at an expo. I was hoping 6 weeks would be enough for the quick ship product but it's time for me to be realistic, not hopeful. I will most likely buy a tub just in case so the snake has something to come home to. Is it possible to use an RHP in a tub temporarily until the tank comes in, or will I also need a temporary UTH? Either way I know a thermostat is required.

I appreciate everyone sharing their knowledge and experience.
Old 02-26-21, 09:37 AM   #5
Tre3hugger

UPDATE: Just got an email back. Ali was very helpful. 6 week projected ship time on my order. I can now relax a bit.
Login to remove ads
Old 02-27-21, 04:23 PM   #6
chairman

I've seen people use RHP in large storage tubs. With the thermostat it shouldn't get hot enough to cause problems. The only issue I am aware of it that snakes can squeeze themselves between the RHP and the lid of the tub far easier than a solid top enclosure, so make sure to secure it well.
Old 03-03-21, 01:41 AM   #7
toddnbecka

Quote:
Originally Posted by chairman View Post
I've seen people use RHP in large storage tubs. With the thermostat it shouldn't get hot enough to cause problems. The only issue I am aware of it that snakes can squeeze themselves between the RHP and the lid of the tub far easier than a solid top enclosure, so make sure to secure it well.
I use Sterilite Stacker tubs. The lid design prevents the snake from getting between the rim and the top to escape, and the latches hold the lid securely in place. At least 5 years now, with a variety of size snakes from wee babies to 4-5' size, and no escapes.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Closed Thread