border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-20, 12:46 PM   #1
craigafrechette

Timor Pythons anybody???

I haven't been able to find tons of info on these guys, but they are beautiful animals. From what I understand breeding in captivity hasn't been very successful to this point.

Anybody keep Timor Pythons or know of anyone who does? They're an extreme long shot for me to add, but figure it can't hurt to try to learn more about them.

Thanks in advance.
Login to remove ads
Old 01-06-20, 07:08 AM   #2
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

Re: Timor Pythons anybody???

I know one person who keeps them, he's not active on this forum since he doesn't speak English. I do know he hasn't been able to breed his trio for the third year in a row.
Old 01-06-20, 07:58 AM   #3
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
I know one person who keeps them, he's not active on this forum since he doesn't speak English. I do know he hasn't been able to breed his trio for the third year in a row.
That seems to be the case with the majority who have been able to get their hands on a pair or trio. I figure they'll carry a pretty hefty price tag when and if US captive bred animals are available.
Old 01-21-20, 07:57 PM   #4
scales.jp

I have a pair, the male is about 7 feet long at 4 years old and the female is about 5 feet long at 2.5 years old. I'll try breeding them once the female is a bit bigger. I also know of another adult female for sale in my area, but I don't have the funds or the space to buy her. I was lucky to pick mine up when I did, their value has gone up recently and they don't appear for sale very often.
Old 01-22-20, 08:49 AM   #5
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by scales.jp View Post
I have a pair, the male is about 7 feet long at 4 years old and the female is about 5 feet long at 2.5 years old. I'll try breeding them once the female is a bit bigger. I also know of another adult female for sale in my area, but I don't have the funds or the space to buy her. I was lucky to pick mine up when I did, their value has gone up recently and they don't appear for sale very often.
Thanks for the reply. That's awesome that you were able to get a pair.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread