border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-18, 03:14 AM   #1
jay's reptiles

Need help!! Is reptilebasics safe?

So i wanna get a reptilebasics heat panel for my 13ft reticulated python! Her enclosure is 8ft by 3ft by 2ft!

Im wanting to know if reptilebasic heat panels are safe?
Or should i go with a different companies heat panel?
Old 11-21-18, 03:34 AM   #2
BentSwordDino

Re: Need help!! Is reptilebasics safe?

I personally have never used the brand but after looking at some reviews and other forum posts I don't think I would recommend it, however, because I have never used the brand I can't give a review on it so I would go to youtube and google and look up reviews of the product. Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
BentSwordDino
Old 11-21-18, 08:46 AM   #3
Jim Smith

I keep BRBs and a top breeder recommended that I use ProProducts Radient Heat panels. I now have them in all of my enclosures and really like them. When you buy from ProProducts, they don't just ship you the size they have in stock, but rather ask you a number of questions about the species, the size of the enclosure and the materials used to make the enclosure. They then custom make the RHP for you, I takes about 20 minutes to install the RHP and they provide safe, reliable heat for your snake. Great folks to do business with. Here's a link to their site so you can give them a call to discuss their needs. https://pro-products.com/
Old 11-21-18, 08:48 AM   #4
jay's reptiles

Thank you! Will definitely check them out!
Old 11-21-18, 09:54 AM   #5
kudzu

Have only two enclosures with RHP's. Both enclosures were purchased with Reptile Basics panels installed as an option. The oldest is 18 months old and has provided safe, reliable, even heat during that period.

I have a different type of enclosure to which I'm considering adding an RHP. Have thought of trying ProHeat. Have wondered if there was an appreciable difference in construction between the two brands, other than one being offered in custom sizes.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-21-18, 02:17 PM   #6
Scubadiver59

I have enclosures using both brands of RHP...all are working good and I haven't had any issues in the last two years. Go with your gut, or pocket book, and you won't go wrong.
Old 11-21-18, 06:50 PM   #7
pet_snake_78

I've been using the Reptile basics RHPs for years without issue. I think either brand will do just fine, so take a look at your options.

How to Save Money on Reptile Supplies
Old 11-22-18, 10:41 AM   #8
toddnbecka

Quote:
Originally Posted by pet_snake_78 View Post
I've been using the Reptile basics RHPs for years without issue. I think either brand will do just fine, so take a look at your options.
Same here, been using Reprile Basics RHP's for years w/out any problems. I order the largest size that will fit the enclosure, prefer a bit more heating capacity even if I don't need/use it. Also have some Pro panels I got used, they work just as well.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 11-22-18, 06:33 PM   #9
jay's reptiles

Thanks for all of the awesome info guys! I think i go with reptile basics heat panel! And a vivarium electronics ve-200 thermostat!
Old 11-23-18, 06:59 PM   #10
toddnbecka

I've never used the VE t-stats, I use Helix DBS 1000's for the racks and Herpstat 4 or 6 for individual enclosures/tub heat mats.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-24-18, 10:38 AM   #11
kudzu

My VE-200 thermostats seem to be working well. I definitely prefer the proportional setting. With either my little UTH or CHE I used dimmer cords designed for lamps and a Willhi t-stat. That set up worked okay but took a lot more fiddling to get the temps dialed in.

Am thinking of adding the night drop module. It is comparatively inexpensive and feel like I should have ordered when I originally purchased the VE-200's.
Old 11-28-18, 12:33 PM   #12
Scubadiver59

That's the issue with VE's...adding modules; whereas if you buy a Herpstat, for instance, you get all that functionality built into the thermostat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
My VE-200 thermostats seem to be working well. I definitely prefer the proportional setting. With either my little UTH or CHE I used dimmer cords designed for lamps and a Willhi t-stat. That set up worked okay but took a lot more fiddling to get the temps dialed in.

Am thinking of adding the night drop module. It is comparatively inexpensive and feel like I should have ordered when I originally purchased the VE-200's.
Old 11-29-18, 08:41 PM   #13
MDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu View Post

Or, you just buy the VE-300

I run the 300's for all of my T-stats. I have one Herpstat 1 Basic, but only use it for incubator. I just like VE-300s much better.
Closed Thread