border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Food For Thought Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-16, 09:51 PM   #1
SWDK

Anyone Hungry?

Feeding time this evening. Figured I'd take a pic of the feast.

2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Login to remove ads
Old 11-28-16, 11:31 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: Anyone Hungry?

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it . How many critters will that feed Dave?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 11-28-16, 11:56 PM   #3
SWDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it . How many critters will that feed Dave?
It will feed 23 out of my 30. Both rattlesnakes and 1 garter are off feed for the winter. My Dumerils is off until next week as I feed her every 3 weeks. I have 3 corns in blue so they're off until they shed.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Old 11-29-16, 08:28 AM   #4
dave himself

That pic make me glad we've only 4 mouths to feed
Old 11-29-16, 10:08 AM   #5
MartinD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave himself View Post
That pic make me glad we've only 4 mouths to feed
I've got 7 now and thats not too bad
Old 11-29-16, 10:12 AM   #6
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Looks about like how much I feed lol. And about the same diversity. I ahould pick up some more quail and try out some chicks though. =)

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 11-29-16, 11:56 AM   #7
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I've got 8 snakes and I usually only feed 2-3 of them at a time .
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 11-29-16, 12:38 PM   #8
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

I have 1 feeding day a week. So they get offered at the same time lol. I tried breaking it up, and I found myself forgetting and stressing because of the hours I work. I can't say I regret my collection though!

<3 all the reptiles!

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 11-29-16, 01:16 PM   #9
sattva

All 5 of my guys got to eat last night... We must be on the same schedule... 3 of my guy's eat every week, but Fred and Moe are both 7 years old, so every other week for them...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 11-29-16, 03:42 PM   #10
SWDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minkness View Post
I have 1 feeding day a week. So they get offered at the same time lol. I tried breaking it up, and I found myself forgetting and stressing because of the hours I work. I can't say I regret my collection though!

<3 all the reptiles!
I try to do one weekly feeding as well. Usually it's on Sunday, but I got tied up and fed last night instead. It's way easier for me to get it all done in one shot.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-29-16, 10:00 PM   #11
Piggybuns

I don't think I'll ever be able to have that many snakes to see that assortment of goodies at one time. X.x Haha
Old 11-29-16, 11:38 PM   #12
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
I've got 8 snakes and I usually only feed 2-3 of them at a time .
I've got 12 physically in my house right now with a 13th paid off, and I basically do this. I try to feed the garters on the same day, but everyone else is whenever they're due. Usually I'm feeding max 4 at a time, but when I get busy at work (mostly when I'm working 6 days in a row multiple weeks) a lot of times they all get fed at the same time until things slow down. Even then it's not too bad. I can fit all but Cloud and River's food in a gallon ice cream bucket.

I really don't stick to a schedule at all beyond "make sure it's been at least X days since X snake ate." So each snake eats on a different day each time, so how many eat at one time varies by a lot.

I've been thinking of trying quail (I assume that's what the birds in there are, SWDK?), so maybe I'll buy a pack or two next time I do a mass food order.
Old 11-30-16, 10:50 AM   #13
SWDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
I've got 12 physically in my house right now with a 13th paid off, and I basically do this. I try to feed the garters on the same day, but everyone else is whenever they're due. Usually I'm feeding max 4 at a time, but when I get busy at work (mostly when I'm working 6 days in a row multiple weeks) a lot of times they all get fed at the same time until things slow down. Even then it's not too bad. I can fit all but Cloud and River's food in a gallon ice cream bucket.

I really don't stick to a schedule at all beyond "make sure it's been at least X days since X snake ate." So each snake eats on a different day each time, so how many eat at one time varies by a lot.

I've been thinking of trying quail (I assume that's what the birds in there are, SWDK?), so maybe I'll buy a pack or two next time I do a mass food order.
They are chicks in the mix. I have never tried quail yet, but would like to add them to my feeder stock.
Old 11-30-16, 08:45 PM   #14
Albert Clark

Guess that's a great way to get the scent of avian and rodent permeating thru the rooms. Lol. Almost looks like a reptile smorgasbord. Good stuff Dave!
Old 11-30-16, 09:21 PM   #15
Humble308

Nice, do most of yall just let stuff thaw out during the day? I usually just chuck all my critterd in some warm water as I don't really "lay out dinner" haha

I'll have some quail in tomorrow, supposed to be 7-10 grams. I've been wanting to try chicks for awhile but they're too big for my snakes. I have a feeling my grey rat will go bonkers over the quail!
Closed Thread