border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-15, 02:59 PM   #1
AlexCrazy

Post Need a breder!

Does any one know who sells puget sound garters(high blue)? I cant find any one.. either i cant contact or the person dosent have the one im looking for... i really really want that snake
its going to be my first snake.. and plus.. i live in South America-Paraguay.. my dad wont mind the cost of the export-import... please some one help
Login to remove ads
Old 06-17-15, 02:32 PM   #2
reptiledude987

Re: Need a breder!

I'm actually on the hunt for the same thing that I will need shipped to canada. If I find one ill let you know and if you find a breeder please let me know.
Old 06-18-15, 07:39 AM   #3
Albert Clark

Well guys, I am on second base with my blue puget project but I think I am still going to have issues due to the difficulty getting them to breed in captivity. Everyone seems to say the same thing about the priming and cycling of them in captivity. Some and most of the available specimens are wc individuals. When my project starts to show results I will post it right away.
Old 06-18-15, 11:56 AM   #4
reptiledude987

Awesome Albert. I'm tingling with anticipation!!! Fingers crossed that you get some locks.
Old 06-19-15, 10:33 AM   #5
AlexCrazy

Red face Re: Need a breder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiledude987 View Post
I'm actually on the hunt for the same thing that I will need shipped to canada. If I find one ill let you know and if you find a breeder please let me know.
I hope we find one! i really really want one! ill give you the update if i find one.. thanks...
AlbertClark@ would you be willing to sell one if you do breed? cos this snake is also my save with my food problem.. i can easily breed fish too feed him.. mice are a bit of a hassle for me..
Login to remove ads
Old 06-19-15, 10:35 AM   #6
ManSlaughter33

I wish it was legal to keep garters in BC
Old 06-19-15, 10:43 AM   #7
AlexCrazy

Unhappy Re: Need a breder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManSlaughter33 View Post
HOLY Cow! that must be terrible! i thought garters were super okay in the US.. i read that there population is high.. at least in DC.. i guess the info was out dated.. (?
Old 06-19-15, 10:43 AM   #8
reptiledude987

Quote:
Interesting I didnt know that it was.
Old 06-19-15, 10:52 AM   #9
prairiepanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCrazy View Post
HOLY Cow! that must be terrible! i thought garters were super okay in the US.. i read that there population is high.. at least in DC.. i guess the info was out dated.. (?
BC is in Canada, actually. You're right that most states in the US allow them, though.

Alberta also restricts the majority of garter snakes that would be found in the pet trade, including puget sounds unfortunately. Not sure about other provinces.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 06-19-15, 11:35 AM   #10
AlexCrazy

Talking Re: Need a breder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiepanda View Post
BC is in Canada, actually. You're right that most states in the US allow them, though..
Ohhh.. so sorry.. i thought BC was another state in the US.. there soo many.. and with only the initials its worse for me! ha ha
Login to remove ads
Old 06-19-15, 12:59 PM   #11
reptiledude987

I know garters are fine in Ontario.
Old 06-19-15, 05:36 PM   #12
ManSlaughter33

Quote:
Ohhh.. so sorry.. i thought BC was another state in the US.. there soo many.. and with only the initials its worse for me! ha ha
I thought maybe the Big canada flag on the left by my name and picture gave that away sorry.
Old 06-19-15, 08:48 PM   #13
Albert Clark

Quote:
Awesome Albert. I'm tingling with anticipation!!! Fingers crossed that you get some locks.
Hey rep, I am hoping.
Quote:
I hope we find one! i really really want one! ill give you the update if i find one.. thanks...
AlbertClark@ would you be willing to sell one if you do breed? cos this snake is also my save with my food problem.. i can easily breed fish too feed him.. mice are a bit of a hassle for me..
Absolutely, that's the main reason to breed. And keep something held back too. Haha. Did you speak with Jeff Benfer? There is a guy who is selłing two female Florida blue garters but I don't know if he has a exporters license.
Quote:
I thought maybe the Big canada flag on the left by my name and picture gave that away sorry.
Funny. That's cool.
Old 06-19-15, 08:58 PM   #14
Albert Clark

Quote:
rep, there is a guy I know that has two female Florida blue garters for sale. I will find out if he ships to Canada for you. No males at this time though. Florida blues T.S. Similis does look similar to T.S.Pickeringi which is the puget sound blue. Dorsal striping differences and some subtle scaling variances. But a very nice blue animal.
Old 06-19-15, 09:13 PM   #15
AlexCrazy

Quote:
Ha ha ! I know! i just dident look! sorry.. XD
Albert Jeff dosent work with them he seas..
jeff-benfer <jeff-benfer@gartersnakemorph.com>

Jun 15 (4 days ago)

I dont work with pugets sorry try scott felzer at albino garter snakes.com

That was his reply to my email.. and that snakes.com there email docent work..at least not for me D: im going crazy! i whant one.. i guess ill just wait for your little ones! <3 please leave one for me! i promise ill buy! no matter what the sex.. ok?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread