border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-14, 01:25 AM   #1
bigsnakegirl785

Cloud Strife

I've introduced him here before, and discussed him many times (in fact he's the reason I joined!) but I decided it was finally time to give him his own profile, to have a place to share his photos all in one place.

After some advice, I have drastically changed his feeding schedule. He is now eating 1/2lb and smaller rabbits every 4-5 weeks, making sure it does not leave a noticeable bulge. My father breeds rabbits, so I got enough to last over a year otherwise I'd be switching between rabbits and large rats being fed every 3 weeks. I don't plan on feeding jumbos, and he still needs to grow to be able to take a jumbo anyways. He's been on this schedule since February and he's in excellent condition.

He had put on a whole pound when I first gave him rabbits, as when I gave him his second rabbit I only waited 2 weeks. Since then I've spaced out his feedings and he's been slowly burned off the flab he gained.

According to Serp Widgets, he is roughly 6'2", so he's grown a couple of inches since the beginning of the year, and he weighs 8lb 11.5oz.

I can share some old photos here as well.

Old 09-01-14, 01:31 AM   #2
bigsnakegirl785

Re: Cloud Strife

Some more photos.

Expanding EcoEarth for a full bedding change. It takes 8-10 blocks to fill up his enclosure, so when I do full bedding changes, I'm doing a lot of work! haha

In the shade, slightly lighter than what he looks like in person.

Old 09-01-14, 06:45 AM   #3
Jim Smith

Very pretty snake! He looks very healthy and looks like he has a calm demeanor/personality.
Old 09-01-14, 08:17 AM   #4
sharthun

Great shots and nice looking boa!

Steve
Old 09-01-14, 08:45 AM   #5
BIGT FROM F.B.

Awesome! Can't wait for my Sunglow to get like that. Grow baby, grow.
Old 09-01-14, 10:02 AM   #6
SnoopySnake

He's gorgeous & looks great! Makes me wish I didn't have to get rid of my 2 BCI, haha.
Old 09-01-14, 12:57 PM   #7
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Smith View Post
Very pretty snake! He looks very healthy and looks like he has a calm demeanor/personality.
Thank you. He does indeed have a very calm demeanor. He's wriggly when handling, but it's very difficult to get him worked up. He hasn't bitten me in over a year, since I stopped feeding out of the enclosure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopySnake View Post
He's gorgeous & looks great! Makes me wish I didn't have to get rid of my 2 BCI, haha.
Thanks! And I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you'll be able to get more at some point?

And thanks everyone, he's probably my favorite (but shhh don't tell the other two :P ).
Old 09-02-14, 08:39 AM   #8
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

That's a great looking boa BSG. He's a big boi too
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-02-14, 02:56 PM   #9
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
That's a great looking boa BSG. He's a big boi too
Thank you! And he's still fairly young, so he'll probably get a little bit bigger, too. Basing it off of when I got him, he turned 3 years old last month.
Old 09-02-14, 07:13 PM   #10
drumcrush

Erg i really want a boa, it's killing me lol
Login to remove ads
Old 09-03-14, 08:47 PM   #11
bigsnakegirl785

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumcrush View Post
Erg i really want a boa, it's killing me lol
They're great. I think a boa constrictor would have been a better first snake for me instead of a ball python. I love my little guy, but they just aren't for me. lol

Here are some photos from the other day. They aren't as good because there wasn't much sun out.

Old 09-05-14, 12:51 PM   #12
sweatshirt

He's looking good!
Old 09-11-14, 08:15 PM   #13
bigsnakegirl785

I took Cloud out for a bit today. He ate 6 days ago (7 days in a few hours), and he's getting a slight sausage butt. He doesn't really get a bulge, but his belly gets a bit rounded rather than being blocky like it is when empty.

He's had that look he gets when in shed the past few days, which is really weird because he just shed on August 30. He may just be in a dark mood lately, though, as his head is still light.

This is the closest to his true colors I've been able to get. Coloration varies. Sometimes it's very dark, sometimes he gets some reddish tints to his face, and sometimes it's a very very pale shade of brown, almost grayish, or just a regular light brown like in this photo (you can see some gray color though).

Old 10-01-14, 02:56 PM   #14
bigsnakegirl785

With the weather cooling down, there won't be many, if any, new photos for awhile. So I guess I'll post some older photos to show how much he's changed.

He had to see what I was doing.

Deep in shed.

Old 10-01-14, 03:05 PM   #15
bigsnakegirl785

The I've only seen the beginning of a shed a few times. And this is the only one I managed to get a documentation of.

Just rubbed his nose skin loose.

Saw parts of his body here and there.

Finally fully shed, sitting atop the wad.

Removed from under him and then I later unrolled it, flattened it out, and let it dry.
Closed Thread