border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-13, 06:01 AM   #1
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

New Animal Plastics T25 to Arrive in 2 Weeks.

For those of you who don't yet know, I ordered an Animal Plastics T25 terrestrial cage last February for Medusa, my female Albino Green Burm, cbb August 2011, and I would've had it early in April but because of a "perfect storm" in my finances I've had to put it off until now. Since this downturn in my finances, I've been making payments toward it and as of now, I am within $90 away from having it paid off. In 2 weeks, this will happen and I will be able to go pick it up, bring it home and set it up (hooray for Animal Plastics being in the Des Moines metro). This I can hardly wait for but wait I must. Good thing I ordered this cage late last February when Medusa was relatively small because now that she's grown to 7', she will fit into her new cage quite nicely.

The one I'm getting will have sliding glass doors with door locks, 11" flexwatt belly heat, white fluorescent fixture (my benefit so I can see Medusa better) and 6 casters.

The way I figure it, Poseidon, my male cbb August 2012, will be ready for this cage about the time Medusa will be in need of a T60. At that time, I will get her a T60 and put Poseidon in this T25. This is my plan.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-15-13, 09:24 AM   #2
Mikoh4792

Re: New Animal Plastics T25 to Arrive in 2 Weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwizard View Post
For those of you who don't yet know, I ordered an Animal Plastics T25 terrestrial cage last February for Medusa, my female Albino Green Burm, cbb August 2011, and I would've had it early in April but because of a "perfect storm" in my finances I've had to put it off until now. Since this downturn in my finances, I've been making payments toward it and as of now, I am within $90 away from having it paid off. In 2 weeks, this will happen and I will be able to go pick it up, bring it home and set it up (hooray for Animal Plastics being in the Des Moines metro). This I can hardly wait for but wait I must. Good thing I ordered this cage late last February when Medusa was relatively small because now that she's grown to 7', she will fit into her new cage quite nicely.

The one I'm getting will have sliding glass doors with door locks, 11" flexwatt belly heat, white fluorescent fixture (my benefit so I can see Medusa better) and 6 casters.

The way I figure it, Poseidon, my male cbb August 2012, will be ready for this cage about the time Medusa will be in need of a T60. At that time, I will get her a T60 and put Poseidon in this T25. This is my plan.

Congrats, will the flexxwatt be on the outside bottom? or will it be inside the bottom panel? I've only ever used overhead heating with animal plastics so I don't know how the belly heat works on it.
Old 06-15-13, 11:51 AM   #3
smy_749

My large animal plastics 4 x 3 foot cage had a slot in the bottom to slide flexwatt into so the thickness of the plastic wouldn't prevent it from heating the inside bottom of the enclosure. I never used it but it was there.
Old 06-15-13, 12:50 PM   #4
Amadeus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwizard View Post

I've never looked into animal plastics. Sounds like a good setup. =] Congrats on the new cage.
Old 06-15-13, 05:15 PM   #5
Theweinz

Congrats on the AP terrestrials. I am going to be pulling the trigger on 4 T-10s before too long. Cannot wait to get them.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread