border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-16, 10:25 PM   #1
SnoopySnake

Rope LED's

I have seen that some people use the outdoor rope LED's for their enclosures, what does everyone use and what exactly should I get? How bright are they? Pics? I am thinking of getting some so that I can set up a bioactive tub without altering the tub too much. Thanks!
Login to remove ads
Old 07-07-16, 06:16 AM   #2
eminart

Re: Rope LED's

https://www.amazon.com/SUPERNIGHT-Ri...th+transformer

I use these in a couple of my enclosures. They come in lots of colors. I use a white for day and a very dim blue for night. They're not "rope" but more like a flat tape, so they only bend in two directions rather than four which is an important distinction when you're planning how you'll mount them. But, they work fine, although the cheap power supply/transformers that come with them are known to burn out. I had to replace the one on Loki's enclosure. I bought a heavier-duty version, also from amazon.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Old 07-07-16, 09:52 AM   #3
jpsteele80

Not sure if I would trust the rope led lights, I heard that they don't stick very well, I went with the reptile basics LED lights, no problems with them at all
Old 07-08-16, 01:16 PM   #4
chairman

I use the same LED lights as eminart. I didn't use the connections or power supplies that came with them, though, I bought used compatible transformers and soldered them together.

I do like them, provide a decent amount of light and minimal heat.
Old 07-10-16, 12:48 PM   #5
Zelg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsteele80 View Post
Not sure if I would trust the rope led lights, I heard that they don't stick very well, I went with the reptile basics LED lights, no problems with them at all

Use use them. The lighting is great but you are very correct about them not sticking well. At least not in my AP cage. Maybe they'd hold on better to something like glass or plexiglass but I've had these fall down multiple times. I'm not trying to figure out a good way to mount them. I just screw some metal plates across them every few inches. But yea, the stickyness of them is not very sticky. At least not long enough.
Login to remove ads
Old 07-10-16, 12:54 PM   #6
Ian of Oldham

Dont no of anybody that use them in england
Old 07-13-16, 08:02 PM   #7
Wykyd

I'm going to be putting in Reptile Basic's 42" LED bar into my enclosure.

LED Reptile Cage Lighting