sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-15, 11:49 PM   #1
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

We're getting there

I've wanted to make some enclosure upgrades for a while now and after long thought I decided to go with Animal Plastics T8's with sliding glass doors. I'm not the most mechanically inclined guy but the assembly was fairly simple and the cages are very well made. Ali at AP was GREAT to deal with. She answered all my questions and was very patient with me making small changes to my order. After getting my temps and humidity on point I was able to move the snakes into their new digs. Hmmm, now what to do with empty those empty tanks, sell em or fill em? More good things are in the works .

0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Old 09-02-15, 12:03 AM   #2
Mikoh4792

Re: We're getting there

Nice! Kings are looking nice and big as well.
Old 09-02-15, 02:48 AM   #3
pinefamily

Nice looking set up!
1.1 Diamond pythons, 1.1 Gammon Ranges pythons, 1.1 coastal pythons, 2.0 Murray Darling pythons, 1.1 albino Northwestern pythons, 1.0 spotted python, sand monitor, Spencers monitor, yellow spotted monitor, 1.0 leatherback bearded dragon, eastern water dragon, red spiny tailed monitor.
Old 09-02-15, 03:26 AM   #4
dave himself

Looking good Ziggy, but now we've got those empty vivs and we know what that means
Old 09-02-15, 03:33 AM   #5
Sylphie

Wow, your kings are looking really big in that vivs

And yeah, Dave's right, we all know what you should do with empty cages, right?
Old 09-02-15, 06:41 AM   #6
Jim Smith

Looks very nice El-Ziggy. You snakes are also looking great. Are you housing two Kings in the same enclosure on the top T8?
Old 09-02-15, 07:22 AM   #7
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

So jelly ;-;

I really want some nice cages like that, but just can't afford them. I may be making a project of customizing my own rack system sort of thing, but not really sure yet x.x

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 09-02-15, 07:32 AM   #8
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Thanks y'all. I'm really happy with the new enclosures and the snakes seem to be enjoying them too. They were all exploring their new digs for hours last night and eventually everybody settled in nicely. The kings only look big because they were pressed against the glass. They're both a little less than 4ft. They're housed in the same enclosure with a divider to separate them. I started to put them in individual T8's but they have plenty of room in the split level. As far as the empty enclosures, I'll probably sell the tanks but the last T8 will have a new tenant (or two) soon!
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 09-02-15, 07:48 AM   #9
Albert Clark

That's it EL, looking fantastic. Those reptiles must be very happy to have moved into their new coops. Lol. Save the tanks for your babies in the future. Haha. I meant co -ops.
Old 09-02-15, 12:34 PM   #10
millertime89
Forum Moderator

Make sure you seal them. While the AP cages are great, I've had issues with them leaking around the bottom. I just used a can of flex seal on the outside and let it stand for 24 hours before putting the snake back in.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-02-15, 01:30 PM   #11
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime89 View Post
Make sure you seal them. While the AP cages are great, I've had issues with them leaking around the bottom. I just used a can of flex seal on the outside and let it stand for 24 hours before putting the snake back in.
Thanks M. I sealed each cage when I assembled them but I'll be sure to watch for any leaks.
Old 09-02-15, 09:48 PM   #12
D Grade

Awesome enclosures, El. Did they cut you a deal for buying multiple?
Anatolius - 1.0 Honduran Milk (Lampropeltis Triangulum Hondurensis) Valentina - 0.1 Sonoran Gopher (Pituophis Catenifer Affinis) Medusa - 0.1 Black-Tailed Rattlesnake (Crotalus Molossus Molossus) Bubba - 1.0 AZ Mountain King (Lampropeltis Pyromelana)
Old 09-02-15, 10:12 PM   #13
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Grade View Post
Awesome enclosures, El. Did they cut you a deal for buying multiple?
Thanks D. Unfortunately I didn't get any special deal but I'm still happy with the service, product and price. I was originally planning on getting 1 snake and 2 enclosures. I ended up with 2 snakes and 4 enclosures. I'm still working on my impulse control issues.
Old 09-02-15, 10:32 PM   #14
MDT

Zig.....looking good dude!
Old 09-03-15, 08:15 AM   #15
Wingbeats

Cool to see other folks' AP cages! I'm awaiting my T8 to arrive
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread