border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-15, 03:15 PM   #16
Tiny Boidae

Re: Sticky situation for this little guy :(

That's great! He's gonna love that for sure, thank you for taking such good care of that little guy. Don't forget to keep the humidity up too by spraying and such, and he might not recognize standing water so it would be a good idea to spray him as well, go make sure he doesn't become dehydrated. Good luck with Leo
Old 08-19-15, 03:17 PM   #17
AlexCrazy

Will do his humidity is at 65...
You don't have to thank me.. I just love animals to bits.. And always whant to help them if i can
Old 08-19-15, 03:39 PM   #18
Tiny Boidae

By the way, that looks very similar to Mediterranean House Geckos, an invasive species in the Americas (and while I don't know the exact year they were introduced, they've been here a while and have a relatively stable population. I saw them all the time when I lived further south, they would gather on the windows to wait for the insects that are attracted to the light. Intelligent boogers, although I don't think they're wreaking too much havoc on the ecosystem, seeing as they have plenty of predators here. Technically, it's probably illegal to release him because of that, but one more gecko isn't going to do anything and if it were a major cause for concern, you'd hear about it more often.

Here's a caresheets for them btw:

House Gecko Care Sheet | Gecko Care
Old 08-20-15, 02:35 PM   #19
AlexCrazy

Oh... Thanks so much! Very useful.. I was doing things okay thanks goodness... Just need to get a basking light =) think i over did the humidity just a bit.. But i guess he need extra bit to shed that glue of properly...
Its cool how he changes color... He was snow white at first... And now that he likes his rock.. He changed to cream with stripes...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150820_141138.jpg (21.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20150820_141127.jpg (23.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-20-15, 02:54 PM   #20
Tiny Boidae

That's how house geckos usually look. These guys breed prolifically and are almost impossible to kill with decent husbandry, so you should have a good couple of years with the guy if you decide to keep him. Has he eaten yet?
Login to remove ads
Old 08-20-15, 03:05 PM   #21
AlexCrazy

Yeah... I have to powder him sometimes... Cos the glue comes of.. So he opens his mouth(bit me twice.. Very funny) so i took a moth and stuck it in the hatch.. And i placed him back... Latter.. No more moth anywhere =)
I think i will keep him.. He is so cute and the only pet i have that does not hide the hole day.. Ha ha
Old 08-20-15, 05:34 PM   #22
Tiny Boidae

If you can get ahold of crickets or worms or such, that would be best simply as you can't be sure of the health of wild-caught feeders. Also be mindful that these guys, even the captive bred ones, aren't all that handable. Even if you get him to where he won't bite you, they can be really flighty and you can't always tell when they're going to make a run for it.

I'd try tong-feeding once he sheds and seems to be adapting sort of well, and to try and establish some level of trust so you aren't a stressful situation whenever you open the cage for whatever reason.
Closed Thread