border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-15, 08:04 PM   #16
AlexCrazy

Talking Re: gonna breed mice..good idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailblazer295 View Post
Congrats man, ask any questions you have about snakes. This is a great forum for information.
I am a girl.. ha ha ha my name is ALEXandra and my friends call me crazy cos i like snakes.. ATVs and other things (ATVs and motocross in Paraguay are more a men thing! And snakes.. no one ha ha)
thanks for the help! and sorry for the annoyance of being a novice ha ha
Old 06-13-15, 08:55 PM   #17
toddnbecka

Re: gonna breed mice..good idea?

We have 16 snakes now, feeding on everything from pinkies to adult mice, and still have more mice than we need/use. I feed several hoppers at a time to snakes that are large enough to take adult mice just to reduce their numbers. Not really sure how many breeding age females are producing, but typically there are always pregnant ones and several new litters each week. They're kept in several large plastic totes, no lids, just an exercise wheel, water bottle, and large food bowl in each. Typically costs about $10-15 week for rodent food, partly because we buy small packages rather than getting it in bulk.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 06-13-15, 09:01 PM   #18
AlexCrazy

Thumbs up Re: gonna breed mice..good idea?

thanks.. ill take that in account!
Old 06-13-15, 10:52 PM   #19
trailblazer295

Sorry, I like ATVs to, I don't have the nerves for motocross to likely to get hurt which means no work for. Guy at work broke his arm on a dirt bike that went wild wheeled and he held on the something happened and snap.
Old 06-14-15, 11:22 AM   #20
rafasani

Have you tried calling local zoos or universities?? Zoos probably breed them to feed their animals and some universities breed them for research. Maybe they could spare a few so you can start your own breeding.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-23-15, 07:53 PM   #21
Sasha2

I feed frozen and live to mine, our pet store is inconsistent and I need them to eat anything.
I bred mice before I moved and its super easy, except I kept mine either in the attic or basement, because my hubby is allergic to mice.
At one point I had way too many and gave some to friends.I hate mice, they stink and bite.
But maybe you could become the one that sells your mice to local snake owners and make more money for snakes.

Also if you get a garter snake you could just breed fish and small lizards and never touch mice.
Old 06-24-15, 11:41 AM   #22
prairiepanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexCrazy View Post
the funny thing is that i did call every one.. about snakes.. {and this country only keeps cats and dogs mostly :'( not exotic pets} but i could try for mice.. i had a good talk with my mom and she seas there's a place in the freezer for me to keep my mice wen the time comes.. im happier now.. i guess ill breed.. and wen they are at the right size.. freeze..
The fact that no pet store in the entire country deals with snakes makes me wonder...have you looked into your country's laws to find anything about pets, exotic animals, "invasive species", wildlife, etc.? It's possible that it is illegal to import snakes, which would explain why no pet stores are able to get any for you.

This is just speculation, but it's a possibility you should look into just in case.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 06-24-15, 04:30 PM   #23
AlexCrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiepanda View Post
The fact that no pet store in the entire country deals with snakes makes me wonder...have you looked into your country's laws to find anything about pets, exotic animals, "invasive species", wildlife, etc.? It's possible that it is illegal to import snakes, which would explain why no pet stores are able to get any for you.

This is just speculation, but it's a possibility you should look into just in case.
i did.. there were people here who had snakes.. but they moved.. my contact is an A..hole and cos he is to lazy he dosent get me my snake! :$
the thing that is forbiden is to have indigenus snakes.. another thing is that.. (im so disgraced to say but..) if you pay money.. you can get wat you want around here.. and even so.. the control is super poor.. there new tipes of snakes still beeing thiscoverd here! jajaja
so i might bring one from brazil.. im going this weakend.. theres just not many options for me its not that i want to do it like this
Old 06-25-15, 11:22 AM   #24
prairiepanda

Okay, I just wanted to make sure that you had looked into the legal situation first. Have you looked into what will be available in Brazil?
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 06-25-15, 08:19 PM   #25
AlexCrazy

i have great news! im getting a BP from Argentina! on wedsday im so happy!
Login to remove ads
Old 07-01-15, 09:06 PM   #26
pet_snake_78

Have to start somewhere! Hope you can get more people interested in snakes and then you can sell any excess mice to them. Your region has some great native snakes, too bad they think banning pet ownership is a good way to protect species.
Old 07-02-15, 04:54 AM   #27
AlexCrazy

Yes.. im working on that.. not necesarly to make them buy my mice.. but to get this wonderfull hobbie alive again here! It would be nice not to be the only person en this country almlst with a snake.. ha ha ha
YES.. IT DOES NOT WORK.. and pluss.. it makes people more scared.. so they just kill them on sight. Making it easier for people to have them would let them see that there not evil..
Closed Thread

Tags
albert clark, grantlapaz, sasha2