border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-14, 06:59 AM   #16
LRRoberts0122

Re: Escape Stories

These are kinda funny stories. I love how mischievous they can be. And Kera, yikes to the BRB ~ I've got a dog and a cat, along with my corn snake, but I'm more worried about the snake. Still, either one of those animals could have been in danger, and that's never good. Glad everything turned out alright!
Old 08-17-14, 07:45 AM   #17
Jim Smith

I've had one of my Hondurans escape and spend 9 days on the lamb before I found her not 6 feet from her enclosure. I had torn the room apart, but I guess she's better at hiding than I am at finding. When I was a kid, I brought a four foot water snake to school for show-and-tell day. I brought it in a brown paper grocery bag with the top curled over and wadded up. When it was my turn for show-and-tell, the bag was empty. I hadn't told anyone what I brought in and when I explained it to the teacher, she freaked out. She was terrified of snakes. I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find it. Then four days later, the teacher when into the small closet where she kept art supplies and reached up to the top shelf to pull down some construction paper. As luck would have it, the snake was sitting on the paper and dropped down onto her face and shoulders. She screamed like a crazy woman and came bolting out of the closet. I quickly figured out what had happen and recaptured the snake and put it in a box they had set aside. It took quite a while for the teacher to settle down and I had yet another trip to the principal's office. They made a new ruling for the school, no live animals for show-and-tell.
Old 08-17-14, 09:11 AM   #18
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Nice one Jim! Btw, when do we get to see more pics of that pearl brother?
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 08-18-14, 05:05 PM   #19
LRRoberts0122

Haha! If I ever lived with someone who was afraid of snakes and my girl got loose, when I do find her, I'll put her back, but I'll wait and tell said person that I didn't find it yet, have no idea where it is, but I'm sure it's in the house somewhere, and let chaos ensue.
Old 08-18-14, 08:31 PM   #20
carpets4life

I had a big crb female escape once. I had given up, but then I went to grab an xbox controller and received two painful bites.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-18-14, 08:58 PM   #21
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

My Rosy Boa got out once and ended up in my closet on top of my suitcase.
Instagram: pareeeee17
Old 08-19-14, 06:19 AM   #22
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

I haven't had any regular escapes, not in my old house or on this house. However,... When i lived with my parents, i had all kinds tricks to make sure i could Never forget to lock an enclosure. Did not want any cats eaten, and snake keeping is pretty controversial hobby here.. Any escape would not be beneficial to the hobby. So i added pin key-chain alarms to the locks, if the pin was out if would beep until you put it back in so i couldn't forget to lock. Worked really well but did not prepare me for the following.

I had 1 wooden enclosure, just for show in my bedroom. I kept my beautiful 4 foot purple albino tiger male in it. One night i heard a load creaking noise.. i thought he knocked over a branch like he did often. The next morning i wake up to see the top of the enclosure broken, the entire ventilation strip pushed out! Snake nowhere to be seen. My door was closed, and there was no way to get out of the room. I searched for him but couldn't find him, i suspected he had hidden inside the bed which i could not get to. So i kept the door closed at all times, 2 days later i wake up because i hear a funny sound.. and i look up to see him hanging from my ceiling lamp
Old 08-19-14, 10:33 AM   #23
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubaki View Post
i haven't had any regular escapes, not in my old house or on this house. However,... When i lived with my parents, i had all kinds tricks to make sure i could never forget to lock an enclosure. Did not want any cats eaten, and snake keeping is pretty controversial hobby here.. Any escape would not be beneficial to the hobby. So i added pin key-chain alarms to the locks, if the pin was out if would beep until you put it back in so i couldn't forget to lock. Worked really well but did not prepare me for the following.

I had 1 wooden enclosure, just for show in my bedroom. I kept my beautiful 4 foot purple albino tiger male in it. One night i heard a load creaking noise.. I thought he knocked over a branch like he did often. The next morning i wake up to see the top of the enclosure broken, the entire ventilation strip pushed out! Snake nowhere to be seen. My door was closed, and there was no way to get out of the room. I searched for him but couldn't find him, i suspected he had hidden inside the bed which i could not get to. So i kept the door closed at all times, 2 days later i wake up because i hear a funny sound.. And i look up to see him hanging from my ceiling lamp
^^ nice ^^
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 08-20-14, 03:34 AM   #24
Teal

Lol I was just coming to the General to post my escape story and found this thread! So i guess I can share ALL mine!

Back when I was a youngster and still living with my folks, I watched a ball python for a friend of mine while she went on vacation. I don't recall now how it happened, but the snake got loose. I searched and searched in a panic, knowing my mum would be SO mad at me lol But I couldn't find the snake. That night during supper, there came a loud crash from my folks' bathroom (inside their master bedroom). We rushed in there to find the snake on a top glass shelf, knocking off vases and empty perfume bottles. My mum couldn't decide whether to be happy the snake was found or mad about the mess!

Another time, something came up while I was feeding my 4" P. chordatus female tarantula ad I forgot to latch her enclosure. I woke up to screaming in the middle of the night... my mum had gotten up to use the restroom, only to find a large black spider in a threat display right in front of the toilet! I'm lucky she was tolerant and didn't kill my favourite tarantula LOL

And the story I came to tell! -

Cortez LOVES to come out and get exercise, but this past week was crazy and I wasn't able to get him out... which he hasn't been pleased about! He has tried to crawl onto me every time I've misted him or spot cleaned his tank. Tonight, I went into the reptile room to find Cortez's acrylic sliding doors torn down! I sent the boyfriend for a flashlight and started looking in lit areas for him... I found him several feet away, curled up behind the anaconda enclosure. My silly boy just wanted to take a walk lol I was so relieved to find him so quickly!
Closed Thread