border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-14, 04:20 PM   #16
formica

Re: Beetles and Millipedes with my snakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicOwl View Post
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but what happens to fur? my cleaners eat my snakes waste but they don't seem to do anything about the undigested fur? Do I just need to add more cleaners?
fur doesn't get digested or eaten by cleaners no, but it doesnt present a major issue except in small enclosures, or when there is not enough substrate. I always check inside hides etc for undigested waste, although it does get picked clean over time, it does harbor some bacteria, but is not as big an issue as urates etc
Old 04-15-14, 05:35 PM   #17
ScalelessTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
Bazinga!

The only time insects EVER try and eat reptiles is when they are improperly cared for.

The ONLY reason a live mouse/rat would EVER "nibble" a reptile is when they are left with NOTHING else to eat.

In other words, if the f-tards who throw live rodents in a cage would put a bowl of rat chow or even a bowl of dry corn flakes in the cage, the hungry rodent will always chose that over eating a snake or lizard. Hell, leave a cage of rats overnight with NO food, they will start eating each other.
Thank you, Infernalis, for understanding.

I wanted to see if I could add more insects or things like worms (of course) to help keep the cage clean and the habitat a little more suitable.

The beetle, for those who do not know, eats rotting wood. The ceder millipede eats dead leaves.

The reason I asked is to make sure if the insects would carry any disease with them that could be harmful to my snakes that I wouldn't know about. I have cared for my insects for about a month to see if anything was un-right about them, which they don't, and make sure that if I were to put them in the enclosure, that there should be something I should worry about (since I am new to bio-active habitats).

--I do not have my two snakes in the same enclosure. Only someone new to snakes and does not do research would put a king in with another snake.
0.1 Western Milk: Milkdud, 0.1 Desert Phase Cal King: Liouse, 0.1 Gopher Snake: Aphrodite, 1.1 Drysdale River Bearded Dragon: Franky and Titan, 0.1 Eastern Box Turtle NO NAME, 1.0.1 Broad-head Skink NO NAME, 0.1 Beta NO NAME 0.0.0 Spider Ball: (coming soon)
Old 04-15-14, 06:26 PM   #18
BoaBoy91

I have not been on here for quite awhile but, i would love to see some pictures of this enclosure.
Old 04-15-14, 06:28 PM   #19
ScalelessTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaBoy91 View Post
I have not been on here for quite awhile but, i would love to see some pictures of this enclosure.
If my camera gets up and running, I will be sure to post for ya' c:
0.1 Western Milk: Milkdud, 0.1 Desert Phase Cal King: Liouse, 0.1 Gopher Snake: Aphrodite, 1.1 Drysdale River Bearded Dragon: Franky and Titan, 0.1 Eastern Box Turtle NO NAME, 1.0.1 Broad-head Skink NO NAME, 0.1 Beta NO NAME 0.0.0 Spider Ball: (coming soon)
Old 04-16-14, 10:25 AM   #20
Teal

I would love to see pictures as well!

The replies here were definitely an interesting read.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread