border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-13, 09:15 AM   #61
bluerain

Re: Scaleless Ball Python???

Funnily i was just watching snakebytes all about the two brian has. He says they have no shed problems...move absoloutly fine..and..do have eye protection. He also said altho they dont have heat pits so to speak..they can still heat locate..i like them ;-)
Old 10-23-13, 11:27 AM   #62
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

I just dont understand why people are making such a fuss-- and calling BHB negative inpact on the reptile community.. .really? His job is to breed and make money, so i dont think he is in the wrong on that.... a scaleless snake in captivity i see no ill harm to the snake...

the snake eats fine, sheds fine, and goes pee and poop.. so whats everyone problem with them?

did everyone think all this negativity when the albino came out? or the pied? or even when BHB got the first pinstripe?

i cant wait for future projects on the scaleless just my opinion
Old 10-23-13, 01:04 PM   #63
slowhite03

Here's the video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWZcLuF...ature=m-ch-fea
Old 10-23-13, 03:14 PM   #64
DragonsEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeesBalls View Post
... did everyone think all this negativity when the albino came out? ...
An interesting point.

I definitely can understand being against this if the snake is suffering as a result. But if the snakes prove healthy with no issues?

Out of curiosity, for those of you who are dead set against it, are you also against morphs in general? How about albinos, as DB mentioned? For that matter, are you also against many of the dog and cat breeds? (For example, with bulldogs or the other pug-faced breeds -- or Persians their cat counterparts -- the resulting "look" comes with the price tag of truly messed up sinus/nasal passages.) Please do not take this as a verbal attack -- it is not meant as such. I am genuinely curious.
Old 10-23-13, 03:34 PM   #65
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

I mean, people breed spiders knowing they can have wobble issues, people breed cinnys to try for super cinnys... knowing they can have problems too. if the snake is healthy, and live a good life, what does it matter if it is missing its scales?

yes- maybe instead of a 92-94 hot spot or whatever you prefer, maybe these species will require us to keep them a little low, because they could be harmed by warmer heat, we dont know this yet, and we wont know for a while- while i RESPECT everyone's opinions, i again am just stating my point....

trying to relate this to other animals, what about the sphinx cat (sp) to my recollection, they are hairless cats, or even Chinese crested dogs, also hairless- and even require sunscreen in the summer. what are your thoughts on these animals?

In captivity, these snakes will do just fine- there is nothing ethically wrong. my $.02
Old 10-24-13, 10:29 AM   #66
BoaBoy91

wooooow $125,000 offer for 1 scaleless ball python.....thats insane to me. what if scaleless ball pythons don't produce or have some weird genetic things going on like super jungle boas
Old 10-24-13, 10:44 AM   #67
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaBoy91 View Post
wooooow $125,000 offer for 1 scaleless ball python.....thats insane to me. what if scaleless ball pythons don't produce or have some weird genetic things going on like super jungle boas
its all part of the "risk" i guess... like i said, some other morphs already have problems, and we still breed them, do we not?

my thing is, if your this against the scaleless, then you need to be against either all morphs, Or simply just the ones that are known to cause defects....

just think of the crazy combos that could come out with this... imagine a scaless pied, or scaless albino... or even like a scaless pin. its going to be crazy!
Old 10-24-13, 11:13 AM   #68
thinkbig317

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeesBalls View Post
I just dont understand why people are making such a fuss-- and calling BHB negative inpact on the reptile community.. .really? His job is to breed and make money, so i dont think he is in the wrong on that.... a scaleless snake in captivity i see no ill harm to the snake...

the snake eats fine, sheds fine, and goes pee and poop.. so whats everyone problem with them?

did everyone think all this negativity when the albino came out? or the pied? or even when BHB got the first pinstripe?

i cant wait for future projects on the scaleless just my opinion
Couldnt agree more!!!!
Old 10-24-13, 11:34 AM   #69
DeesBalls
Formerly Lil_Boa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkbig317 View Post
Couldnt agree more!!!!
thanks for the support. Most of these type of issues i dont really comment on, this is just one i really feel stongly for and can help the ball python community.
Old 11-01-13, 10:34 PM   #70
TheZoo

Although persnally I dont really agree with the breeding I do edmit the scaless snakes look very "adorable" they kinda remind me of baby animals only not fluffy
Closed Thread