border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-13, 08:18 PM   #1
kick10

What should the next addition be?

I have an empty space in my room and money burning a hole in my pocket. What should i get next. 1000 whose line points for whoever's recommendation i like the most!
Welcome to What Should I Buy where I don't know what to get and the points don't matter...
Login to remove ads
Old 10-04-13, 08:27 PM   #2
Mikoh4792

Re: What should the next addition be?

What do you have?
Old 10-04-13, 08:39 PM   #3
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Money burning a hole in a pocket? You can fund the "Let's buy Aaron S something" bank account.

It's a worthy cause.
Old 10-04-13, 09:03 PM   #4
Mikoh4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S
Money burning a hole in a pocket? You can fund the "Let's buy mikoh4792 something" bank account.

It's a worthy cause.
fixed it for you
Old 10-04-13, 10:45 PM   #5
kick10

"What do you have?"
A whole lot. (copy/pasted from another thread):

"I have a beardie, a BRB and a hypo hog island boa, a baby hognose, a jackson's chameleon, a snapping turtle, a crested gecko, a veiled chameleon, 2 box turtles, a sulcata, a red-footed tortoise and a newly rescued leopard gecko. I also have a boxer a little mutt dog, two cockatiels, a chicken, 2 twin devilish cats, a fire salamander, and a whole lot of fish."

Very funny guys, more like throw it in the bank and add money to Kick10's account. How about an exchange? It is my birthday Monday after all. hint hint. in case anybody is feeling generous.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-04-13, 11:34 PM   #6
Mikoh4792

Wow with a collection that big I wouldn't have time to take care of all of them. But that's just me.

I'll always recommend morelia pythons. Green trees, carpets..etc.
Old 10-04-13, 11:49 PM   #7
kick10

yeah I personally dont really like carpets and GTP's are gorgeous but i really would enjoy something that i could hold more.
Old 10-05-13, 03:08 AM   #8
ErikBush97
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick10 View Post
yeah I personally dont really like carpets and GTP's are gorgeous but i really would enjoy something that i could hold more.
I just recently met someone who claims to handle her GTP daily without Ill effects. Not sure if that's true or not, but it was said. She said "It's basically just based on personality like it id with any other snakes. Some will let you hold them every day, some won't even let you clean their cage, let alone hold them.".
Old 10-05-13, 03:13 AM   #9
Mikoh4792

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotsaQuestion View Post
I just recently met someone who claims to handle her GTP daily without Ill effects. Not sure if that's true or not, but it was said. She said "It's basically just based on personality like it id with any other snakes. Some will let you hold them every day, some won't even let you clean their cage, let alone hold them.".
To some extent I believe this to be true. Although Gtp's are generally sensitive snakes, I see this personality difference with my pair.

My male doesn't like to be held. He can be held and doesn't bite but he does everything he can to hold onto what he's perched on when I try to take him out and starts huffing and puffing.When out of the cage he doesn't move at all and wraps around my arm with his head tucked in his coils like a ball python, looking very scared. I don't handle him for this reason.

My female on the other hand just needs to be tickled before she unwraps herself and climbs onto my hand. Once out of her cage she is very active and inquisitive just like my carpets. Doesn't seem to mind at all and actually seems to be curious of her surroundings. She shows no sign of stress when being handled.
Old 10-05-13, 04:04 AM   #10
smy_749

ackies, sd retic, dart frogs, leachianus, or get a mate for one of your current pets.
Login to remove ads
Old 10-05-13, 06:17 AM   #11
wrecker45

Collection is not complete without a corn.
1.Corn snake. 1.Mexican milk snake. 2.California king snakes. 2. Western hognose snakes. 1. Pastel checker garter. 1. Checker garter. 1.Columbian red tail boa. 1. Ball python. 1. Smooth green snake. 1. Five lined skink. 1. Grey tree frog. 1. Chinese water dragon. 3 Bearded Dragons. 2 Leapard Geckos. 1. Black cat. and Lucy my border collie/lab.
Old 10-05-13, 06:49 AM   #12
Jim Smith

A very nice Honduran Milk Snake morh or perhaps a Mexican Black Milk snake would be a nice addition to your rather eclectic collection. Great snakes that get to a nice size and are very mello once they get acclimated. Just a thought...

Jim Smith
Old 10-05-13, 08:17 AM   #13
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kick10 View Post
"What do you have?"
A whole lot. (copy/pasted from another thread):

"I have a beardie, a BRB and a hypo hog island boa, a baby hognose, a jackson's chameleon, a snapping turtle, a crested gecko, a veiled chameleon, 2 box turtles, a sulcata, a red-footed tortoise and a newly rescued leopard gecko. I also have a boxer a little mutt dog, two cockatiels, a chicken, 2 twin devilish cats, a fire salamander, and a whole lot of fish."

Very funny guys, more like throw it in the bank and add money to Kick10's account. How about an exchange? It is my birthday Monday after all. hint hint. in case anybody is feeling generous.
Don't steal my bank account ideas...

For handable GTP's? Lori, lady_bug87 on this forum, has one that is completely handable during the day. Still frightens me when she messes with it's head and my hands/arms/face are within striking distance...
Old 10-05-13, 12:06 PM   #14
h3h

Last time I thought I had money burning a hole in my pocket - I ended up at a Urologist. It wasn't money. Seriously though, I've always been fond of Beauty Snakes and they get to a good size!

- h3
Old 10-05-13, 02:53 PM   #15
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

A MBK would be a nice addition.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread