border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-13, 03:44 PM   #1
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

A Message from Allie @ Animal Plastics

This is what Allie posted on Facebook and just in case anyone is waiting for a new enclosure from them, they're working on that.

"Hi All!! We would like to take a moment to address the current, lengthy lead times. While we love being as busy as we are, no one is more frustrated with or hates the lengthy lead times more than we do. The last thing we want to do is to ask our customers to wait this long for their units. We had a sudden explosion (more than the usual growth) in business this year as well as hitting a few bumps along the way. We have recently made several changes in the shop including some staff changes and new staff additions (who have proven to be very efficient and dependable thus far) in hopes of a remedy. We have staff working the shop days and nights, 7 days a week. While we are already seeing a difference in the amount of orders we are able to get out the door each day, it will take some time to see the benefits from the changes made and see a drop in the lead times. Once we get caught up, we should hopefully see the lead times start to dwindle. We would like to thank everyone for their extreme patience and understanding during the lengthy lead times and while we work to become more efficient. Have a great day!!"
Login to remove ads
Old 06-12-13, 05:50 PM   #2
smy_749

Re: A Message from Allie @ Animal Plastics

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwizard View Post
This is what Allie posted on Facebook and just in case anyone is waiting for a new enclosure from them, they're working on that.

"Hi All!! We would like to take a moment to address the current, lengthy lead times. While we love being as busy as we are, no one is more frustrated with or hates the lengthy lead times more than we do. The last thing we want to do is to ask our customers to wait this long for their units. We had a sudden explosion (more than the usual growth) in business this year as well as hitting a few bumps along the way. We have recently made several changes in the shop including some staff changes and new staff additions (who have proven to be very efficient and dependable thus far) in hopes of a remedy. We have staff working the shop days and nights, 7 days a week. While we are already seeing a difference in the amount of orders we are able to get out the door each day, it will take some time to see the benefits from the changes made and see a drop in the lead times. Once we get caught up, we should hopefully see the lead times start to dwindle. We would like to thank everyone for their extreme patience and understanding during the lengthy lead times and while we work to become more efficient. Have a great day!!"
I've noticed alot of people recommending AP these days too, good for them.
Old 06-12-13, 05:57 PM   #3
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Yeah when it comes to new racks and cages, AP is all I use. In fact, I'm due for a T25 in a few weeks.
Old 06-12-13, 06:12 PM   #4
smy_749

Quote:
Yeah when it comes to new racks and cages, AP is all I use. In fact, I'm due for a T25 in a few weeks.
Thats a pretty massive enclosure, what are you putting in it? 7 feet long?
Old 06-12-13, 06:13 PM   #5
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Yeah that's what she is right now and she's ready to go in it. I just need to pick it up.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-12-13, 06:18 PM   #6
smy_749

Quote:
Yeah that's what she is right now and she's ready to go in it. I just need to pick it up.
Who is? I'm confused now lol What snake are you putting in there?
Old 06-12-13, 07:22 PM   #7
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

I have a juvenile Burm that is currently 7' long. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-12-13, 07:31 PM   #8
smy_749

ah ok haha, very nice. Will be able to fully stretch out
Old 06-12-13, 07:37 PM   #9
exwizard
Lord of the Dums

Yeah that's what I am looking forward to.
Old 06-13-13, 06:33 AM   #10
bcr229

Translation: We're a very small business, we make a great product, we didn't predict the sudden increase in demand, and we had to dump some slacking employees and take time to interview, hire, and train their replacements.

BTDT and it's painful.
Closed Thread