sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Viridis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-13, 05:42 AM   #16
Gungirl
Diesel the pumpkin killer

Re: How tame is your GTP?!

I have a 5yr old Biak and no matter the time or day he will try to eat you. If you walk by his viv he will strike at the door. I have handled him twice in the last 4 yrs and will continue to only handle him when 100% needed. He is my favorite snake though, I love the attitude.
Old 07-03-13, 12:55 PM   #17
Abraxxos

Re: How tame is your GTP?!

I have only ever been bitten by my gtp about 3 times. The first time was when I was first bringing her home and she had just finished being treated for mites and had only been handled for treatment (so imaginably she was angry). The second was the first time I fed her and learned that just because it's a small snake doesn't mean I shouldn't still use tongs. The third was during a shed and I accidentally startled her trying to clean her cage. Otherwise, she doesn't bite and is very docile and willing to be held. If I open the tank and leave it for about a minute she'll uncoil and climb out to explore and most of the time comes over and sits in my lap, wraps around my wrist or gets into my hair (I wear it in buns a lot of the time and she wraps herself into a coil around my bun). It's really dependent on the snake on whether they're going to be docile or not. Whether they're going to like handling or not. Whether they're going to even be interested or not. Whether they want to bite or whether just walking past the cage will stress them or not. My snake isn't stressed by this. Continues to eat, has little to no head shyness, very curious and very cute. I've also had her since she was a baby. Like I said, I don't think any snake is mean specifically because of what species it is. I think GTPs are a little nippier sometimes, but again depends on the individual snake.
Closed Thread