border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Python Regius

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-12, 05:42 PM   #1
ljb87

Question about my ball pythons eyes...

I'm not new to snakes but I am new to ball pythons... I know what a snakes eyes look like before a shed so I know this isn't it. So here's my question. Most ball pythons I've seen have almost black or black eyes... mine has like light tan silvery almost eyes... is that normal? Or does it mean something to do with just her body coloring. Sorry I know this seems so simple almost stupid but I'm just wondering lol.
[1.0 Royal Python, Normal?] [2.0 Corn Snakes, 1 Anery, 1 Hypo] {1.2 Crested Geckos, 1 Flame, 1 Tiger, 1 Dalmation] [1.1 Leopard Geckos, 1 Normal, 1 Bell Albino] [2.0 Russian Tortoises] [0.0.2 Firebelly Toads] [0.1 American Toad] [2.1 Anoles] [1 Shar-Pei Ruby] [2 Chihuahuas Lady and Tangy] [1 Min Pin/Yorkie-Poo Maggie] [0.0.4 African Cichlids]
Login to remove ads
Old 11-15-12, 09:29 PM   #2
lady_bug87
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to lady_bug87
Re: Question about my ball pythons eyes...

not stupid at all, I think I just saw a picture of your BP and it looks like its just body pigmentation
Old 11-15-12, 11:44 PM   #3
jaleely
Member of the family

Hello! I quickly glanced at your other two posts before responding here...i love all of your critters!

Okay so it's hard to tell from the photos, but i'd say you have a normal ball python...which does usually have very dark eyes. If you are able to take some photos in the sun, we could see the body color and pattern more clearly. I know there's a few bp breeders here that could give you a good visual opinion with a truer color photo.

my pastel ball python has dual color eyes. the tops are light colored and the bottoms dark, and i can see his iris. That's actually the only reason i wanted a pastel. His body color is easy to tell what he is though. some other "morphs" have light eyes.

anyway, i have three ball pythons that are slugs and don't move much, and i have two that cruise around all day being curious and active. I can see where someone would tell you they're not active LOL
i'm glad you're so happy with yours though! : )
27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.
Old 11-15-12, 11:47 PM   #4
ljb87

Thanks! I have to find my actual camera then I'll take some better pictures... and a day off of work lol
[1.0 Royal Python, Normal?] [2.0 Corn Snakes, 1 Anery, 1 Hypo] {1.2 Crested Geckos, 1 Flame, 1 Tiger, 1 Dalmation] [1.1 Leopard Geckos, 1 Normal, 1 Bell Albino] [2.0 Russian Tortoises] [0.0.2 Firebelly Toads] [0.1 American Toad] [2.1 Anoles] [1 Shar-Pei Ruby] [2 Chihuahuas Lady and Tangy] [1 Min Pin/Yorkie-Poo Maggie] [0.0.4 African Cichlids]
Closed Thread