Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > Boa Constrictor

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-08, 09:03 PM   #16
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: TO everyone whos fighting about rocky

First of all, this isn't meant to be rude but can you use punctuation in your posts? It's sometimes difficult to make sense of what you're saying because it's just one really long sentence.

Secondly, yes you are correct. A snake doesn't care about you. The only use you have for it is to give it their basic life needs. They don't care if you're sad,lonely or happy. They only care about themselves.
Old 09-17-08, 02:08 PM   #17
LadyParvati

Chase, you've got it. You ever hear of the reptile brain? People will say it when they're talking about a human responding at the most basic level, such as fight or flight level, eat or be eaten level.

That's a snake. It exists at a very basic level. If it's frightened, it defends or attacks; it doesn't stop to ask what's going on--it strikes. If it's hungry, it strikes. If it wants to go somewhere else, it'll do that to the best of it's (often considerable) ability.

Learning is limited in snakes--you cannot expect a snake to be like a dog--to want to spend time cuddling or to learn tricks. They do what they do. The only things they really "want" or, better, _need_ from us are food and water when we're keeping them.

It's up to us to adjust to their natures and to treat them with the respect they deserve for what they are--and that means treat them as snakes, not as dashboard display objects. When we keep one, we take responsibility for its life and well-being--or at least we _should_.

Last edited by LadyParvati; 09-17-08 at 02:13 PM..
Old 09-17-08, 08:22 PM   #18
C#@$e

Send a message via AIM to C#@$e

i think im going to make a Q&A theard or how ever you spell it
Old 11-10-08, 11:27 PM   #19
ReptiZone

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone

I know the US has some realy crazy slack gun laws but lets not mix carots and apples here. Your town wide permit is only good for 3 things keeping exotic animals in a inspected facility, attending reptile shows as a vendor and hosting your own educational and promotional shows. In all cases the animal MUST be in a proper holding cage. I am normaly one to ignore ppl like your self but this is what I see happening you driving enjoying your self you get pulled over for a routine trafic stop,the cop is a prick searchs your car. why? because he can finds the animal. Calls animal control to seize a improperly secured large boa constrictor, control officer is a halfe wite gets bitten you get charged for assult on a officer of the law. human laws animal laws all the judge will care about is the fact that is officers were in harms way by your doing good luck with that my friend not fun.

The ReptiZone
Old 11-10-08, 11:32 PM   #20
springtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptiZone View Post
I know the US has some realy crazy slack gun laws but lets not mix carots and apples here. Your town wide permit is only good for 3 things keeping exotic animals in a inspected facility, attending reptile shows as a vendor and hosting your own educational and promotional shows. In all cases the animal MUST be in a proper holding cage. I am normaly one to ignore ppl like your self but this is what I see happening you driving enjoying your self you get pulled over for a routine trafic stop,the cop is a prick searchs your car. why? because he can finds the animal. Calls animal control to seize a improperly secured large boa constrictor, control officer is a halfe wite gets bitten you get charged for assult on a officer of the law. human laws animal laws all the judge will care about is the fact that is officers were in harms way by your doing good luck with that my friend not fun.

The ReptiZone
Hit the nail right on the head with that one.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-11-08, 01:15 AM   #21
citysnakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTB0608 View Post
well you can call me crazy because i love them and i like to think they love me i know they dont and that its not a characteristic of them but to me they do just like children think toys can come to life and **** i think they love me you can go ahead and rip me up for it but its just what i like to think
if you really, truely loved your animal then you would only be doing good for it and at this moment that is not the case.

have an open mind, listen to some opinions here and go and do some research about your animal. then make a choice on what is really good for it.

good luck man...
Old 11-11-08, 08:34 AM   #22
LadyParvati

Wow, what opened this up again nearly two months later? I don't get what our gun laws have to do with riding around with a loose snake, either. At any rate, you'd have to have grown up in our culture, especially our rural culture, to understand our gun laws, which make total sense in the proper context. Maybe we should focus on the snakes here instead of criticizing other people's cultures/societies and laws.
Old 11-11-08, 09:30 AM   #23
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Yah this was discussed already so let's let this thread die.
Old 11-11-08, 10:14 AM   #24
LadyParvati

Is there a way to close it? It doesn't seem worth it to have it sit here for people to find at this point, at least IMHO.
Old 11-11-08, 11:59 AM   #25
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Only mods can do it.
Login to remove ads
Old 11-11-08, 10:21 PM   #26
Boots
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyParvati View Post
Is there a way to close it? It doesn't seem worth it to have it sit here for people to find at this point, at least IMHO.
Great suggestion.

Jason