sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Morelia Viridis

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-05, 11:45 PM   #1
KC Reptiles

Send a message via MSN to KC Reptiles
New Updated Aru Pictures

I had some pictures a couple of weeks ago of one of my arus GTP, and now it is going through the famous color change. Here we go ...

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for looking,

Kody
Login to remove ads
Old 08-09-05, 12:06 AM   #2
pitviper10

Send a message via AIM to pitviper10
thats a cool snake you got there. I have a quick qestion though, are these snakes difficult to keep? do they require more care/matenece as compared to something like a ball python? Im just curiouse. Thanks
Old 08-12-05, 07:43 AM   #3
Kim Burge

Kody,

Where did you get that Aru from? Stunning!!! Is this the only one that you have? I'm very interested in finding out where you got this beauty from.

Jay- I'd have to say that once you get a chondro set up correctly, the maintenance involved is not complicated. I spray my cages down just about every night but it doesn't hurt them to dry out every so often. Babies take more work than yearlings on up but it's mainly a matter of keeping their cages clean, providing clean water, and the proper heat gradient. You should check out Greg Maxwell's web site for more specific information. Feel free to email me if you want more information.

Kind regards,
Old 08-27-05, 09:01 PM   #4
greg schroeder

That thing is out of control!! Look at that white :bugged:
Old 09-05-05, 05:29 PM   #5
Borneoblood151

Send a message via AIM to Borneoblood151 Send a message via Yahoo to Borneoblood151
Hey,
Chondros are a bit of work, but the work involved is not anything like or remotely similar to keeping a bp. They are creatures from removed from each other. I would say that doing some work in the reading dept. can go a long way as there is the potential to run into a few snags with chondros from time to time. However, if keeping parameters up to par and watching your husbandry with this species, you should do fine. Prolapses are a big thing and can be daunting and you should learn something about treating it or fixing the problem should it ever befall one of you animals. It is fixable, but when confronted with it, it can be scary if you haven't dealt with it before. I've reinserted plenty of them I know the work and technique involved, but know that a newbie can freak out at the sight of one, if dealing with it for the first time. URI's are a biggy too, but are much easier to deal with. However, the one draw back with URI's and their treatment, is that the drugs involved in treating can be toxic and can cause scarring at the injection site or sites, if not administered properly. I seen sites where the drug was administered by a vet become discolored and permanently damaged. So learning to deal again with this common problem is also, something to know in advance.
-Angel

Last edited by Borneoblood151; 09-05-05 at 05:33 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 09-05-05, 05:34 PM   #6
Borneoblood151

Send a message via AIM to Borneoblood151 Send a message via Yahoo to Borneoblood151
Hey,
Where is this little beauty from? The amount of white on this little one is amazing. This guy is going to be one amazing looker as an adult.
-Angel