sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-05, 11:45 PM   #1
ReptiZone

Send a message via MSN to ReptiZone Send a message via Yahoo to ReptiZone
Green Anaconda

Just wanted to share a few pics of our four foot green anaconda. S/he is in the last phases of shedding. I will post more clear pictures of it when s/he sheds- I still need to sex it properly. We will wait until it sheds first before mucking with its genitals.

I hope you guys enjoyed the pics.

The ReptiZone
Old 09-01-05, 04:32 AM   #2
Lrptls

Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
awesome anaconda, they definetly look neat when they are in shed, my friends think my yellows are much scarier looking with milky eyes. one question though, how come the water in the first 2 pics are full of grass or whatever that stuff is?
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Old 09-01-05, 04:44 AM   #3
ReptiZone

It was a test to see comfort level for food cause it would not eat, me and my vet latter discovered that it was a WC. so I put moss in the water pool and offerd fresh water to drink but then there was a bactera film growing so we scratched that Idea. The pic was taked 2 days after the moss was put in then all of a suden the not eating made sence. In short I was imatating a swamp to see if it would triger a feeding responce It failed being WC and all I thaugh it could work. That is just a Temp cage as well I am finishing the permanent cage thie afternoon.
Old 09-01-05, 04:45 AM   #4
steelnink

I would think Marc is trying to give the basin a more natural setting for the conda,[recreat a swampy water pool].
Beautiful little conda Marc, any chance you got her from Pat?
Old 09-01-05, 05:22 AM   #5
ReptiZone

If that is the Toshi guy on here then ya, that is where I got it.
I just hope that after the cours of dewormings I had to do it will eat for me. It is a nice snake none the less I just wish I was informed it was a untreated W/C. We found an old fractured rib hopefuly no longer painfull. And worms man you would not believe. I walked in and the water dish looked like a sad case of over cooked Mr. Noodles. No feceas just worms not even enough to make the water colour change. Oh well Things like this remind me why I am a Vet Assistant.
Old 09-01-05, 05:23 AM   #6
Lrptls

Send a message via AIM to Lrptls Send a message via MSN to Lrptls
i figured thats what the purpose was for, good luck geting them to eat, my male yellow didnt eat for almost 2 months after i got him and before that he had always eaten great which he does now as well. maybe just some more time to settle and they will eat something.
0.0.1 tentacled snake, 0.1 brazilian rainbow boa, 0.0.1 black blood python, 1.0 jampea reticulated python, 1.1 yellow anacondas, 1.1 emerald tree boas, 3.1 BCIs, 1.1 ball pythons, 1.0 tiger salamander, 1.1 african giant millipedes, 0.0.2 cockatiels, 2.1 ferrets, 3.0 pet rats, some fish and more
Old 09-01-05, 05:27 AM   #7
ReptiZone

Bah I am not worried when it gets it new cage things will settel geting snakes to eat is just a matter of time and patience 2 thing I dont have today but things will get better. I hope.
Old 09-01-05, 06:15 AM   #8
Toshi

The anaconda was eating like a machine for me (shown by the 1.5 foot growth in the months that I had it). I knew no history on the animal (got in trade) and did not state otherwise.
Old 09-13-05, 10:25 PM   #9
Ben_Renick

Send a message via AIM to Ben_Renick Send a message via MSN to Ben_Renick
Older thread, but hey why not. First off, you should post some stuff in the other boas section, because Anacondas are Boas, not pythons. But a trick that will most likely get her to eat would be to just leave the f/t food 1/2 dangling over her waterbowl overnight, it should be gone in the morning. If you are still having some trouble, you should post something in the other boas section and I will give you a few more tricks. I deffidently would try my best to avoid any bacteria in the water, baby anacondas tend to form water blisters fairly easy, all it takes is one night also. It is a very nice conda though, very beautiful!
Good luck!
~Ben
1.1 Green Anacondas
0.1 Marbled Yellow Anaconda
1.0 Anery Green Anaconda
Old 09-13-05, 10:56 PM   #10
slith_python

cool anaconda
Login to remove ads
Old 09-14-05, 07:12 AM   #11
Toshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_Renick
But a trick that will most likely get her to eat would be to just leave the f/t food 1/2 dangling over her waterbowl overnight, it should be gone in the morning.
These are the exact feeding instructions that I gave him when he picked up the anaconda. I have never had to leave the rat dangling overnight...the anaconda always took it within a 1/2 hour at the most.
Old 09-14-05, 01:49 PM   #12
snakebeginner

Send a message via MSN to snakebeginner
Can you hold him? And have you ever been bit by him?
Closed Thread