sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-03, 02:49 PM   #1
herp krayzee

Send a message via MSN to herp krayzee
Helix Controls

I am planning on getting a couple water dragons and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the helix supersystem or and of its accesories as I am in the planning stages of building a large enclosure and wanted to plan around lighting ,heating and humidity needs.

thanx Darren
Login to remove ads
Old 05-27-03, 12:13 AM   #2
Grant vg

Send a message via AIM to Grant vg
why do you want the super system?
I would opt for a basic system to control the temps alone.
use an appliance timer for the lights, and handle humidity on your own (I dont think helix can help you with humidity)

Unless you want to spend the extra 100 US to have your lights slowly dim down and up, then go with the supersystem.
Either way, Helix controls are the best!!
you wont regret the fact that you never have to worry about your temperatures again!
id spend the extra 100 bucks on a good quality digital thermometer/hygrometer from radio shack.

I havn't used the accessories, but have heard they are great as well. Goodluck!!

Grant vg
Old 05-27-03, 05:48 AM   #3
Darren Hamill
Former Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Grant vg
why do you want the super system?
I would opt for a basic system to control the temps alone.
use an appliance timer for the lights, and handle humidity on your own (I dont think helix can help you with humidity)

Unless you want to spend the extra 100 US to have your lights slowly dim down and up, then go with the supersystem.
Either way, Helix controls are the best!!
you wont regret the fact that you never have to worry about your temperatures again!
id spend the extra 100 bucks on a good quality digital thermometer/hygrometer from radio shack.

I havn't used the accessories, but have heard they are great as well. Goodluck!!

Grant vg
I agree with Grant... No need for a super system unless you really have that much wattage to heat... I use the super system for a pile or racks now and it's the same as the basic other then the wattage it can handle.. I'll be using it to heat the room in the cool winters.

The basic system is more then most people need and the add-ons work great... Check it out at http://www.helixcontrols.com/prod_basicsystem.htm

Best of luck to you..
Old 05-27-03, 07:08 AM   #4
Greg West

Send a message via MSN to Greg West
I use the full helix supersystem. I use it for more of a display cage. It is cool having the light rise in and rise out as The lights go on and off. I also have the overheat function for insurance incase it getts too hot one day when I am not at home. It also come with a temperature high/low recorder, plus a beeping alarm when the temp does get too high. It was pretty expensive but, you never have to worry about it.

Greg West
Closed Thread