Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-21, 07:10 AM   #1
Ayad Atteyah

My Very Bad Day .. :-(

Hello ..
Just two days ago this happened to me:
Boa Constrictor suddenly gives birth and all of them dead snakes!
According to my record, the last prenatal shed that I must count 105 days was 02-18-2021 which means that on 06-28-2021 she must give birth, but I was suddenly shocked that she gives birth..I be wrong count the days ..
I bought two female snakes on 01-08-2020 and introduced the male at the end of October..that's why there are so many slugs ..
Now that I have given her a small frozen rat in the morning, she gives birth afterwards ... I don't know where I went wrong ..?!!
The cage is hot in the range of 30-32 ° C but fluctuates from 26 ° C to 34 ° C in the day around .
I have another female graved too .. and I'm really worried about her!
Any advice.
Thanks in advance
Please check the photos :
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Login to remove ads
Old 04-08-21, 11:54 PM   #2
toddnbecka

Re: My Very Bad Day .. :-(

My first thought is to check the actual temps of the enclosures. I lost a couple litters of Dominican boas due to the thermostat probes not correctly regulating the temps. They were kept too warm, and one entire litter was DOA, while a few of another litter were born alive, but only one of those lived. Looks like those were born prematurely, the yolk should have been absorbed before they were dropped.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 04-09-21, 12:43 PM   #3
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Could be stress or temps as Todd said. Also this is a part of breeding. Sometimes bad things happens. Just check your female to ensure she's in good health and give her a try again next year.
Old 04-09-21, 11:34 PM   #4
toddnbecka

I don't breed my boas every year, better to give the females a rest after producing a litter. Put on some weight and grow a bit more.
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 04-10-21, 01:23 AM   #5
Ayad Atteyah

Smile Re: My Very Bad Day .. :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
My first thought is to check the actual temps of the enclosures. I lost a couple litters of Dominican boas due to the thermostat probes not correctly regulating the temps. They were kept too warm, and one entire litter was DOA, while a few of another litter were born alive, but only one of those lived. Looks like those were born prematurely, the yolk should have been absorbed before they were dropped.
THANKS :-0 .. At least the Female is in Good condition .. :-( ..
Thanks for the advise Yes the enclosure temp fluctuating and the stress .
Login to remove ads
Old 04-10-21, 01:26 AM   #6
Ayad Atteyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
Could be stress or temps as Todd said. Also this is a part of breeding. Sometimes bad things happens. Just check your female to ensure she's in good health and give her a try again next year.
Yes this is my first time breeding boa ..
I have another one and directly reduce the temp. a little bit and I do not give her any food from around two weeks , I am really worried about her ..
But she doing well till now ..
Thanks for your feedback .. :-)
Old 04-10-21, 01:29 AM   #7
Ayad Atteyah

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddnbecka View Post
I don't breed my boas every year, better to give the females a rest after producing a litter. Put on some weight and grow a bit more.
When I purchase these two females from last summer ( Actually from Czech republic ) they told me they don not breeding them from more than one year .. but anyhow these things are happen .. Thanks for the feedback ..:-)
Closed Thread