border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-17, 04:24 PM   #1
sattva

George is finally in his new cage...

I finally got George's new cage ready for him... I moved 3 of my 5 snakes yesterday... George got his new cage of course! and Fred got his cage and then Crystal got Fred's old cage... It about killed me but I got it done... Thought you guys would like to see the new set up...
https://youtu.be/yzxarYaVR3c
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Login to remove ads
Old 04-22-17, 08:47 PM   #2
SWDK

Re: George is finally in his new cage...

Looks good! Hope they enjoy the new enclosures.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Old 04-23-17, 06:52 PM   #3
sattva

George spent his first night in his new swimming pool; I pulled him out to warm him up and look for mites, but nothing... So I put back and he crawled back in the water... An hour later he crawled out to take a big dump, crawled back in... So I pulled him for the second time cleaned up his poop and took away his water... He crawled back in the tub with no water and has been there every since... He's an odd duck...
Leon- 1.0 Lemon Ball, aka Russo Het White Diamond Ball Python... Crystal's boyfriend...
Old 04-23-17, 10:25 PM   #4
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Very nice setup and critters Noel.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 04-23-17, 10:52 PM   #5
dannybgoode

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattva View Post
George spent his first night in his new swimming pool; I pulled him out to warm him up and look for mites, but nothing... So I put back and he crawled back in the water... An hour later he crawled out to take a big dump, crawled back in... So I pulled him for the second time cleaned up his poop and took away his water... He crawled back in the tub with no water and has been there every since... He's an odd duck...
Possibly a stupid question but why would you take him out to warm him up? A snake knows just fine what temperature it wants to be at and if it's relaxing in the pool just let it be I say. He'd come out and warm when required...
0.1 B imperator, 1.0 M spilota harrisoni, 1.0 C hortulanus, 2.1 P reticulatus (Madu locality), 1.1 S amethystine, 1.1 L olivaceous, 1.0 C angulifer, 1.0 Z persicus, 0.1 P regius, 0.1 N natrix, 0.1 E climacophora, 1.0 P obsoletus, 0.1 L geluta nigrtia, 1.0 P catenifer sayi, 1.0 T lepidus
Login to remove ads
Old 04-24-17, 09:03 AM   #6
sattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL Ziggy View Post
Very nice setup and critters Noel.
Thanks Ziggy! It's not what I thought I was ordering but it will do for now... Somewhere down the line I will replace the plexiglass with real glass or just buy him a new PVC cage...
Old 04-24-17, 09:18 AM   #7
sattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybgoode View Post
Possibly a stupid question but why would you take him out to warm him up? A snake knows just fine what temperature it wants to be at and if it's relaxing in the pool just let it be I say. He'd come out and warm when required...
No... that's not a stupid question... Wish I had a good answer... This is all new to me and I probably worry too much, but I worry about him getting to cold... He'll stay in there for days if I let him... How long would be too long for a retic to soak?
Old 04-24-17, 10:31 AM   #8
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sattva View Post
No... that's not a stupid question... Wish I had a good answer... This is all new to me and I probably worry too much, but I worry about him getting to cold... He'll stay in there for days if I let him... How long would be too long for a retic to soak?
If it's healthy and no mites as long as it wants.
Closed Thread