border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-17, 02:04 PM   #1
SWDK

Black Pine Snake

Got this little girl today at the reptile show. I look forward to her getting bigger and darker. She's full of attitude and hisses a lot.

2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Login to remove ads
Old 04-22-17, 03:39 PM   #2
regi375

Re: Black Pine Snake

Beautiful snake! I saw a white one today at a pet shop, and he had an attitude as well. Good luck with your new addition
Old 04-22-17, 03:40 PM   #3
Scubadiver59

Lovely...looks a bit like my Blotched KS! But she only rattles her tail...well, smacks it up against something and it sounds a little like a rattle...kind of...
Old 04-22-17, 03:42 PM   #4
Tiny Boidae

Nice animal! I've never seen one of these before so that's seriously wicked. Is she captive bred?
Old 04-22-17, 04:03 PM   #5
SWDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny Boidae View Post
Nice animal! I've never seen one of these before so that's seriously wicked. Is she captive bred?
Thanks. Yes, she's a CB for sure from Mobile, Alabama local. She will eventually be jet black as she ages.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Login to remove ads
Old 04-22-17, 04:07 PM   #6
dave himself

Nice pick up Dave
Old 04-22-17, 06:32 PM   #7
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Awesome additions. I kept a few of these in the past and after the very short hatchling bitey stage they were all vark and no bite. Enjoy it.
Old 04-22-17, 07:12 PM   #8
Macropodus

I saw that exact snake, or one that looked exactly like her even same size, at the last Hamburg show. She was being offered at a table that only had Pines, the seller was very knowledgeable and friendly. Almost bought her. She doesn't look too "full of attitude and hisses a lot" in your 2nd & 3rd pics. If I recall correctly she is going to grow much bigger like 6' or so. You might want to work on her attitude now while she is still small. And I think you have to put her thru a brief brumation period in December/January. All the best with her!
Old 04-22-17, 07:19 PM   #9
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macropodus View Post
I saw that exact snake, or one that looked exactly like her even same size, at the last Hamburg show. She was being offered at a table that only had Pines, the seller was very knowledgeable and friendly. Almost bought her. She doesn't look too "full of attitude and hisses a lot" in your 2nd & 3rd pics. If I recall correctly she is going to grow much bigger like 6' or so. You might want to work on her attitude now while she is still small. And I think you have to put her thru a brief brumation period in December/January. All the best with her!
Lodingi are not as long as some other pits and brumation is not necessity.
Old 04-22-17, 08:23 PM   #10
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Awesome addition Dave! I LOVE those Black Pines. Looking forward to lots of pics as she grows.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Old 04-23-17, 02:34 PM   #11
TRD

Had a pine snake in my hands today as well at the reptile show here, though didn't get him/her. Nice snakes for sure! Congrats.
Old 04-23-17, 03:05 PM   #12
eminart

Awesome snake from the corner of my state. Don't see a lot of those in the hobby OR the wild.
“...the old ones ... knew in their bones... that death exists, that all life kills to eat, that all lives end, that energy goes on. They knew that humans are participants, not spectators.” -- Stephen Bodio, On the Edge of the Wild
Closed Thread