border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > Giant Python Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-17, 09:39 PM   #1
aaron_cg

New girl finally shed in 1 piece

A friend of mine contacted me a couple months back and said he had someone trying to give him a retic that was in bad shape. Asked if I was interested in taking in a surrender.

After seeing the poor animal, I couldn't resist. From everything I gather from my local groups its a mainland that was sold to a younger guy, who then left the snake with his mom. The mom didn't know what to do and was scared. Had this young girl in a 10 gallon aquarium, with no heat and aspen bedding with no water bowl.

I know this forum sometimes has a tendency to bash people, but I ask that no one comment on this lady. She was handed a bad situation and when I showed her pics of past retics I have had she broke down in tears. Blame goes solely to the son.

Luckily, the snake was only suffering from a few stuck sheds, as well as severe dehydration. Today when I got home I noticed a shed in her enclosure and went to double check her over and finally, the fight is over! No more missing pieces, eyes are clear and she is finally filling out. Still a little underweight, and growth may be stunted, but that is to be seen in the future.

Now, onto the good part. The pics.

Old 01-05-17, 09:50 PM   #2
sockSnek

Re: New girl finally shed in 1 piece

Man, that is a pretty snake. Really glad she's doing well with you.
Old 01-05-17, 10:09 PM   #3
aaron_cg

Thank you. My wife is a vet tech for the county, which just so happens to be where my reptile vet is. Tomorrow, she has a followup and my Atrox has a wellness check up. Here's to hoping everything is all right.
Old 01-05-17, 11:12 PM   #4
Tsubaki
Forum Moderator

She looks amazing, beautiful pattern. Glad you saved her! You keeping her in the long run?
Old 01-06-17, 01:27 AM   #5
bigsnakegirl785

She's a pretty girl, and looks to be in a good body tone, at least from what I can tell here.

I'm also curious to know if you plan on keeping her?
Old 01-06-17, 02:26 AM   #6
dave himself

She's beautiful Aaron, glad to hear she's doing well under your care
Old 01-06-17, 04:17 AM   #7
MartinD

She is beautiful and her eyes are gorgeous
Old 01-06-17, 07:36 AM   #8
aaron_cg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
She looks amazing, beautiful pattern. Glad you saved her! You keeping her in the long run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsnakegirl785 View Post
She's a pretty girl, and looks to be in a good body tone, at least from what I can tell here.

I'm also curious to know if you plan on keeping her?
As far as keeping her, time will tell. I used to run educational shows for local scouts, and that's what all my collection is used for. So, good temperament is definitely a deciding factor here. So far, I see no issues. Curious, but completely docile once she is out of the enclosure.

If she doesn't meet the standards, then I have a friend who keeps nothing but retic's and would absolutely take her in. All ready spoke to her, so she is on stand by, so to speak.
Old 01-06-17, 10:25 AM   #9
SWDK

She looks really nice and vibrant. Glad the shed came off in one piece and she's getting healthier.
2 Black Rats,2 Retics,2 Texas Indigo,1 Albino Chinese Beauty,1 Bull,1 Black Milk,1 YT Cribo,1 Albino Garter,5 Corn Snakes,1 Brooksi,1 VBB,1 MBK,1 Bairds Rat,1 Albino Cal King,1 Pied BP,1 Dumerils Boa,2 Rattlesnakes
Closed Thread