Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-16, 08:36 PM   #16
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Re: I feel cheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirteenRavens View Post
Wowzer...I paid $50 for my guy who is normal het albino (50% I think) from a breeder at a local show.
Decent price for a poss het!
Old 08-06-16, 10:09 PM   #17
Kanadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWDK View Post
If you'd like to gauge prices check out listings on fauna classified and kingsnake classified. You'll see tons for sale of all different morphs.
I did check out FaunaClassified and I found some pretty decently priced hogs. If all else fails next weekend I'll definitely be getting something from there.
Old 08-07-16, 06:59 PM   #18
Magdalen

Yeah if that's for a normal baby that's a rip off. I found in my area a pet store that carried a normal for 65. I don't know if it was a male or female. I ended up going with a local breeder and paying a little more for a nice red albino male year old. But he had normals for about the same price as that pet store. If you're in SF you should have no problem finding a better price. I'm in Sacramento, used to live in the bay area, so yeah not entirely unfamiliar with the area.
Wait for a show. You should have no problem finding one. I've found them at the Sac show. Something in your area, no problem.
Old 08-09-16, 09:07 AM   #19
macandchz

went to a reptile show on sunday and after reading your post, i paid attention to the hognose prices. cheapest baby one was $85.
Old 08-09-16, 12:28 PM   #20
treaux

East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley lists their price for hatchling normals at $90. You may get a better deal at the show (where EBV may be anyways). I know they breed theirs in house and are generally of high quality. I got my wonderful BRB from them last year.

My iHerp Page
Login to remove ads
Old 08-10-16, 01:50 PM   #21
Kanadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by macandchz View Post
went to a reptile show on sunday and after reading your post, i paid attention to the hognose prices. cheapest baby one was $85.
That's around the price I was looking. Hopefully there are some decently priced babies at the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treaux View Post
East Bay Vivarium in Berkeley lists their price for hatchling normals at $90. You may get a better deal at the show (where EBV may be anyways). I know they breed theirs in house and are generally of high quality. I got my wonderful BRB from them last year.
I think the ones they had on hand when I went were not baby-babies, a little on the big side. EBV did say there were not bringing hognoses to the show, so I won't be stopping there this weekend. lol. And I think I would prefer an adult over a baby anyway. I feel like babies are too temperamental.
Old 08-10-16, 01:56 PM   #22
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

One thing when talking about cheap prices is this quote...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Yes we all want a deal on our pets but at the end of the day $10 - $50 won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Cheap price should not be our first priority. Not saying anyone here is doing that but I wanted to point it out.
Old 08-11-16, 12:20 PM   #23
ThirteenRavens

Quote:
Cheap price should not be our first priority
Agreed. I paid $50 from that breeder as I had purchased a couple of corns from him a year before I likely would've paid whatever for Hogwort because he's such a ham I couldn't resist lol.
Old 08-11-16, 01:19 PM   #24
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Yup. It's all supply and demand. Honestly the shop near me is off their rocker asking $300 for a normal yellow male juvie. He's been their for months and they won't budge on his price. But I can go on fauna and find tons of morph types for under $150. Just means that I won't buy that snake from that store lol. (Not that I am looking for another hoggie). They have alot of othwr more reasonably priced animals though, so it's not all a loss lol.

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-11-16, 02:26 PM   #25
Andy_G
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_S View Post
One thing when talking about cheap prices is this quote...

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” – Benjamin Franklin

Yes we all want a deal on our pets but at the end of the day $10 - $50 won't matter in the grand scheme of things. Cheap price should not be our first priority. Not saying anyone here is doing that but I wanted to point it out.
So true. Looking for a fair price is much more favourable than looking for a cheap one for obvious reasons.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-12-16, 12:13 AM   #26
brandonh

I got my first hognose from a breeder in Col and it was 150$ + 50 shipping. It is a male red western hog 66% het albino so i think it alot of factors come into play for hognose prices. I also just went to a expo last sunday i seen them from 60$ to 300 depending on sex morph and age and of course the breeder.