border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-15, 07:58 AM   #16
DDW

Re: Future Reptile Addict...

I might weigh her when I take her out today. One thing I never thought ablut, is it harder to tell if an albino snake is in blue or shed? (mostly because of the red eyes I'd guess)because she seems to be getting a bit bigger but I haven't seen signs of shed that I can tell.
Old 08-05-15, 08:14 AM   #17
DDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL-Ziggy View Post
Uh, yes she does
I just wish she would come out more, but that's why I'm glad she isn't easily stressed. I can take her out without worrying she won't eat XD
Old 08-05-15, 09:34 AM   #18
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
I might weigh her when I take her out today. One thing I never thought ablut, is it harder to tell if an albino snake is in blue or shed? (mostly because of the red eyes I'd guess)because she seems to be getting a bit bigger but I haven't seen signs of shed that I can tell.
It took me a while to tell when my albino snakes were going into shed also. They don't go blue, they go "pink" and they do look more dull.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 08-05-15, 09:43 AM   #19
DDW

I wouldn't be surprised if one day I find a snakeskin and a fresh GlitchXD I figured she'd seem more dull but it makes sense they go pink rather than blue. Thanks but she hasn't been acting moody at all so either she's not close yet or she just has a great attitudeXD
Old 08-05-15, 12:51 PM   #20
prairiepanda

Both my albinos get this colour when going into shed:

Normally the snow pine has candyapple red and the hondo has vivid orange eyes, so the change to this purpley-pink is pretty obvious.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Login to remove ads
Old 08-05-15, 12:53 PM   #21
DDW

Ah, okay. Thanks for the example. ^.=.^
Old 08-05-15, 03:45 PM   #22
DDW

278 grams when I weighed her just a minute ago.
Old 08-10-15, 06:19 PM   #23
DDW

Okay, I told myself I would stay off the forum except for just checking my usercp but... Idk how long this time of not looking for snakes will last XD I think I want either a mbk or an albino cali king. The bad thing is I'm already rearranging my room in my head to acomidate a new addition lol. I'd just have to get or make a stand and remove a couple unimportant pieces of furnature to make it fit... I wonder when the dollar a gallon sale starts next... I think two companies I'm thinking about it reptiles by mack or bhb reptiles... I have them bookmarked on my browser... I need a job...
Old 08-12-15, 08:09 AM   #24
prairiepanda

Might be good to get the job before bringing new friends home Once you've got that part sorted, I vote MBK. I'm sure it won't be your last!
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 08-12-15, 09:40 AM   #25
DDW

Lol. The hard part would be my parents. Solid black might be a turn off for them since they could confuse it with wild snakes. Though I think if I go with mbk, I'll probably get one from reptiles by mack.
Maybe they'll have a change of heart and relize it wont get out. I think I'll get one that matches Glitch's enclosure. Escape proof

I'm thinking about looking into a job at a LPS near the colege I'm going to be going to. Word is that somebody is starting an exclusively reptile based pet store nearby an I hope soon too.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-12-15, 10:46 AM   #26
prairiepanda

When are you starting college? A job right on campus would be easier to balance with school and would have more respect for the importance of your schooling. Also, I'm not sure whether it's the same down there but in Canada the campus jobs pay more than most other flexible jobs so you don't have to do as many hours, which gives you more time to focus on school Working at a pet store is cool and all, but if you're getting minimum wage then you'll be forced to take on a lot of hours.
Old 08-12-15, 11:01 AM   #27
DDW

I start on the 24th this month. You do have a good point there. But, I'm not planning on getting a job until I'm used to the schedule. I have to drive almost an hour there and back every day. But it would be my fist official job. I will have to check out the jobs on campus though
Old 08-12-15, 11:15 AM   #28
DDW

This is from last week, I have a dragon statue my bf got me and she looked so cute.

and we explored shoes yesterday XD

She doesn't like to sit still at all ^.=.^
Old 08-12-15, 11:16 AM   #29
Albert Clark

If you are having issues with space for your herps think about a nice rack system.
Old 08-12-15, 11:53 AM   #30
DDW

I think I'll save rack systems for when I have a snake room. As well as the fact my mom would hate it. And it would be better if the enclosures match. (besides, I'm sure it will be a long time before I end up asking, I'd have to be very persuasive in any case. I need all the help I can get XD)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread