border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-15, 03:45 PM   #1
DDW

Future Reptile Addict...

So here is the thing, I have Glitch, my albino ball python baby girl, and I'm loving her to death... but ever time I feed her, I get a little depressed because I have to wait the whole 2 days to take her out. Each time... I start thinking about the beautiful albino cali kings, the stunning mbk, and lovely BRB. Not to mention those garg gecko cuties... I have looked around and found a place that sells 3'l×2'd×1'h enclosure for $150 and on amazon 12"×12"18" enclosures for about $60... I don't have enough space in my room for another enclosure but... I want another snake very badly.
Albino cali kings and mbk s don't go for much and I could find some nice looking gargs. All for less than $100 for an animal.
Can't help but want another, but... Idk I don't know how to satisfy my love of taking reps out and seeing them. How would I make more room? How would I pull it off? Please.... help me! I knew I would want another but not this fast! I only take Glitch out every other day, for only a short amount of time so I don't stress her much. But I'm tempted to have another and feed on different days so I can continuously have an avaliable snake to handle.

Not a rant but I am hoping there are things that yall can say to dicourage another snake because I can't think of any other than simple easily overcome reasons":/ I would wait until I've gotten a job btw.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-04-15, 04:31 PM   #2
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S
Re: Future Reptile Addict...

Tell your parents to say no.
Old 08-04-15, 04:34 PM   #3
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to Minkness

Hey, if you can afford it, have space for it, and get your parents permission, I say that it never hurts to try. =)

I stopped counting at 30....
Old 08-04-15, 04:38 PM   #4
DDW

Lol not helping MinkXD
Old 08-04-15, 04:48 PM   #5
DDW

My parents will surely think I'm a hoarder before long XD
Login to remove ads
Old 08-04-15, 05:08 PM   #6
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Not here to help sadly. Lol.

=D

Old 08-04-15, 05:09 PM   #7
prairiepanda

Mink is gonna love this one...

Limited space = get a hognose. Yeah, there are other very small snakes that might work(african house snakes, sand boas, etc) too, but as far as personality and cuteness go the hoggies definitely win.

Otherwise the garg idea is a good one. No post-feeding waiting time.

Just be careful with the idea of having different feeding days for unlimited snake handling. I thought I could do that with 3 snakes, but the snakes have their own ideas for when to shed that tend to interfere with that plan. Quite a few times I've ended up feeding everyone on the same day. I've got them on different feeding intervals too depending on the size of the prey relative to them.
0.1 tangerine albino honduran milksnake /// 0.1 snow southern pinesnake /// 0.1 black pinesnake /// 1.0 "hypo" north Mexican pinesnake (jani) /// 1.0 cincuate pinesnake (lineaticollis) /// 1.1 red striped gargoyle geckos /// 0.1 kitty cat /// 2.6.12 tarantulas(assorted species)
Old 08-04-15, 06:33 PM   #8
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiepanda View Post
Mink is gonna love this one...

Limited space = get a hognose. Yeah, there are other very small snakes that might work(african house snakes, sand boas, etc) too, but as far as personality and cuteness go the hoggies definitely win.

Otherwise the garg idea is a good one. No post-feeding waiting time.

Just be careful with the idea of having different feeding days for unlimited snake handling. I thought I could do that with 3 snakes, but the snakes have their own ideas for when to shed that tend to interfere with that plan. Quite a few times I've ended up feeding everyone on the same day. I've got them on different feeding intervals too depending on the size of the prey relative to them.

Much love indeed!!! Hoggies are great for space, viewing, and handling!

Gags are cool butI prefer cresties over gargs.

Everything else mentioned is true as well. Many times I will go to hold someone and they will still be digesting or in blue. But hey.I have so many I just move to the next one lol. I feed about 3 times a week. Some get once a week, and some rotate between large and small meals that mean more timesa week than others. (Note, I am not feeding any one snake 3 times a week. I just have 3 feeding days where I thaw my rodents).

Old 08-04-15, 06:41 PM   #9
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Ours can definitely be an addictive hobby so pace yourself and only get as many animals as you can feed, house, and care for comfortably. I don't really handle my snakes all that much but I love watching them.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 08-04-15, 06:52 PM   #10
trailblazer295

Always blame Mink, such a bad influence.
Old 08-04-15, 06:53 PM   #11
Minkness
Forum Moderator

Yes yes..I'm a terrible, horrible enabler of our hobby. XD

Old 08-04-15, 08:06 PM   #12
DDW

I only have eyes for one or two kinds of hoggies, albino or those with white. XD and I don't want a rear ranged snake. Not to mention my parents would never a prove for something that is even mildly venomous. And the colors and pattern would be too close to native snakes unless I get a certain morph like albino or snow ect. Mbk would be out of the question because it would surely be con fused for a wild snake at fit look (yellow belied water snake or cotton mouth). The rosy would be a probability, however, I prefer certain colors and thosee don't have many afordable morphes to choose from. Not to mention they are a little harder to find around here. Sand boas look kinda weird to me. Ikd why, they just do, and I have no clue about African house snakes.(gonna look those upXD)

The garg is a good probability though.

The feeding on different days would probably be unlikely as well.

I might treat myself to something after getting a job (and probably acumilate some extra money before as well) so that gives at least another couple months before the next herp. (Which gives me more of a reason to look for a jobXD or go for a (early or late, depending on when is the best timing) Christmas gift to myself lol.
Old 08-04-15, 08:24 PM   #13
DDW

In the meantime, I need to get back to my drawing hobby...may there be dragons! The awemazing masters of land and air! May all tremble at the sight of the mighty dragon and it's power!.... opps, been too long since I've done an rp... you can check out my stuff at devientart.com if you like. My username is DarkDragonWarriorDDW here is one of my best... Till The End by DarkDragonWarriorDDW on DeviantArt
Old 08-05-15, 04:59 AM   #14
DDW

my girl looks so cute in this pic
Old 08-05-15, 07:47 AM   #15
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDW View Post
my girl looks so cute in this pic
Uh, yes she does
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread