border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-20, 05:51 PM   #1
tracealan4

getting a snake

i do live in a very rural area, and the and the closest shop to me only sells ball pythons for snake and im more into boas, are there any websites anybody has ever ordered from that they would back
Login to remove ads
Old 06-07-20, 06:44 PM   #2
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

Re: getting a snake

I like morphmarket.com . They've got a large selection of nice animals.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 06-08-20, 10:50 AM   #3
toddnbecka

There's also faunaclassifieds.com and kingsnake.com
Are you looking for a specific species or morph of boa?
7.6.26 Dominican red mountain boas, 1.1 carpet pythons, 3 ATB, 1.1 climacophora, 1.1 Russian rats, 1.1 prasina, 1.1 speckled kings, 3.3.1 corns, 1.1.1 black rats, 1.1 savu, 1.1 Stimson's, 1 spotted python, 1.1 Boiga nigriceps, 3 Olive house snakes, 1 Sonoran mountain king, 0.1 Sinoloan milk snake, 1.1 Dione rat snake.
Old 06-08-20, 03:43 PM   #4
MnGuy

For whatever it's worth, I live in a major metropolitan area and still ordered both of my snakes (garters) online for delivery, and had great experiences. I purchased from well-known vendors and breeders and bought when the weather was not extremely hot or cold.

I made sure to be home for the first delivery. I was working when the second delivery was made, so I prearranged to have it held at a nearby FedEx holding spot, which was my local Walgreens. I didn't want to take the risk of having it sitting on my doorstep for hours on end, or, even sitting in my enclosed porch, which can get incredibly hot.

Good luck.
Old 06-09-20, 03:34 PM   #5
David339

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracealan4 View Post
i do live in a very rural area, and the and the closest shop to me only sells ball pythons for snake and im more into boas, are there any websites anybody has ever ordered from that they would back
I've had a lot of success ordering from snakesatsunset.com. I've ordered 3 snakes from them. All arrived alive and are doing great. My only complaint would be that one of them refuses to eat anything but live mice. I do not blame the seller for this though.
Login to remove ads
Old 06-11-20, 04:53 PM   #6
craigafrechette

Quote:
Originally Posted by David339 View Post
I've had a lot of success ordering from snakesatsunset.com. I've ordered 3 snakes from them. All arrived alive and are doing great. My only complaint would be that one of them refuses to eat anything but live mice. I do not blame the seller for this though.
This is probably the first positive review I've heard of snakesatsunset.

I may be mistaken, but I believe they are snake flippers and not breeders.
Any which way, I've heard enough negative about them that I personally would definitely not buy from them.

According to their website they breed "many of" the reptiles they sell. So essentially flippers. Not a company I would do business with, not with so many reputable breeder only a mouse click away.
R.I.P. Django
Old 06-11-20, 08:40 PM   #7
David339

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
This is probably the first positive review I've heard of snakesatsunset.

I may be mistaken, but I believe they are snake flippers and not breeders.
Any which way, I've heard enough negative about them that I personally would definitely not buy from them.

According to their website they breed "many of" the reptiles they sell. So essentially flippers. Not a company I would do business with, not with so many reputable breeder only a mouse click away.
I've seen some "field collected" stuff listed on their sites. Perhaps that's the "many of". They had a good BBB page and all. My 3 snakes were listed captive bred. I'm not sure about them being flippers.
Old 06-12-20, 04:42 PM   #8
dekaysbrownsnaK

Question Re: getting a snake

Im not sure if youre recieveing my messages but if you are please get back to me.
Old 06-16-20, 05:39 AM   #9
Bubonic

Send a message via Skype™ to Bubonic

I'm not saying anything against buying a snake from a website, but I find there's always tons of (healthy) reptiles needing rehoming at any given time. Especially snakes and lizards. I tend to go for them more than sites, b/c most of the time the owner cannot keep them due to moving, too busy, disinterest, etc..(You don't know what the owner will do to them if a home isn't found...)

The pricing for rehoming reptiles in general ranges anywhere from free to usually around $80 at most. Rarely over 100. Regardless of the places I've lived.

The high prices are for lizards, tortoises, even toads, frogs, etc. Snakes are usually free or at most $20.

Plus, Idk about you, but I'd much rather save a snake from an impatient owner then buy one from a smuggler or (mass) breeder.
Old 06-21-20, 02:45 PM   #10
ClockwerkBonnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaysbrownsnaK View Post
Im not sure if youre recieveing my messages but if you are please get back to me.
I see this one.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread