border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-19, 06:27 AM   #1
loopycann

Exclamation Newbie.

Hello snake folks. Im doing this out of necessity and out of curiosity. I went on the Internet and googled “I lost my ball python” and this site came up.Reading all the ingenious advice and helpful posts I saw this community seemed to have a bunch of really great & knowledgeable people, so I joined. Now to the reason I joined. My snake got out of his cage. My cat sleeps on top of the screen top which put a slight separation between the frame in the attached on ineffective screen. Don’t ask me how this huge snake of 5 feet got out of a slit less than a half inch but he did. He has gotten out before from my stupidness of leaving the door open and I found him within a month this time it’s been three months and I’m terrified I cannot find him if he will not come out on his own. I have RA, which makes picking anything up over 3 ounces extremely painful so you can see my dilemma. Any suggestions? This is a big snake.THANKS an advance.
Login to remove ads
Old 08-08-19, 11:33 AM   #2
Veronica

Re: Newbie.

I'm so sorry you lost your snake, it's always hard to lose a pet.

Do you know anyone that can pick up and move things for you? Maybe you could direct them where to look. (Warm places like washing room, under refrigerator, near a computer)

I know it's been a long time, but I wouldn't give up hope yet. Ball pythons are pretty tough creatures.
Old 08-08-19, 01:23 PM   #3
Benjamin1975

If he is missing three months he is likely not in the house anymore I would think.otherwise you would have seen him at some point.plus he would need to eat,so likely he would go outside maybe to look for a meal.

maybe check any woods outside near where you live,look any place that snakes might hide.unless you have a very big house and you think he would go three months without food,which I doubt.I would check outside especially being its summer and he can survive.
Old 08-08-19, 02:45 PM   #4
Veronica

You'd be surprised at how long they can go without food. I know of one person that had one (perfectly healthy too) that refused food for over a year–and hardly lost any weight.

That's not to say going that long is ideal, but lack of water is more of a problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
enticement, locations, lost snake