View Single Post
Old 12-04-11, 05:21 PM   #11
jaleely
Member of the family

Re: Live feeding for entertainment

ah i figured. little brats. you know i actually hadn't though about fish or lizards when i'm thinking live. I feel a little bad for them, but i'm more happy my critter can eat. I actually do plan to get a garter snake, and i know i might have to deal with the fish thing. I actually feed goldfish to my shovel nosed catfish all the time (he's a big greedy guy, eats ten in a row).
Was just curious. I actually figured that's why i had so much trouble with jasper in the beginning, because he was used to live food.

If i ever have another snake that only wants live food though, i'm going to try my hardest to get'em off it. Jasper has a foot and a half foot scar on his belly from a rabbit kicking him, and numerous scars along his body. Ribs has a scarred and messed up nose, from a rat bite. A few knots of tissue along her body, and when we got her from the pound a freshly torn off bloody scale.
Bitey also has a few knots of scars.

That is actually the only reason i'm kind of against live food...and really? just rodents, for snakes. There's not really a reason for them to possibly get hurt.

If there was a snake that refused all but live though, i'd do my best, but definitely get that little brat over to f/t if i could.

Okay so i didn't read that post about the cat, but i saw an article about a guy who threw a kitten at his python...uhm...********.
THere is a video on youtube of a python eating a rabbit. It's really just so unnecessary. Some sicko who lets the snake strike, then ZOOMS in on the rabbits face as it dies. Really??? I guess he thinks he's cool and has fun or something.

Anyway, actually watching my snakes strike, and eat, i have no problem with. Last night i took a video and some pics of our girl ball, Saphie, eating a rat. She was so worked up she started gnawing on a back leg like a dog, before giving up, then trying to gnaw on the other leg, then finally going towards the head and it was really silly.
27 snakes (7 sand boas, 4 hognose, 5 ball pythons, 1 bolivian boa, 2 dumeril's boas, 2 carpet pythons, 5 garters, 1 corn snake), 1 cave spider, 9 tarantulas, 1 tokay gecko, 2 dogs, 2 frogs, emperor scorpions 1,000 dubia roaches, & tons of fish.