border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > New to the forum?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-19, 02:10 PM   #1
condescomputers

Hi from AZ

Hello all,

I might as well start with an introduction as to who I am and my history with herps. My journey with reptiles began about 29 years ago when I got my first snake, a Red Corn snake. Shortly after that I started volunteering at t a local exotic pet store in Las Vegas called Exotic Pets International. I volunteered there for a couple years. I also ran a small local history museum at my school. We had 13 snakes, 2 octopi, and other misc animals. I learned alot during that time, and shortly after I started breeding corns. No fancy colors, just normal corn snakes.

By the time I was 23 I lost all my reptiles due to moving, and other unforseen circumstances. For the next 20+ years I did not keep any reptiles or animals as my home situation was not stable, and I knew I wouldn't be able to keep anything long term. Then at about 32 I bought a 16 FT burm. Great snake. Very Tame. But then again my house situation changed, and I had to get rid of him. Now many years later I am looking to buy a house. I am very stable. So I decided to purchase a Blood Python. He is an T- Albino. Very tame and beautiful. I will post photos in the blood python forum. So here I am with a beatiful Juvi Blood Python. I have been thinking about breeding again, but this time. Blood pythons, to be specific I want to breed Matrix, Batik, and 007 T- albinos.

I am always up for listening to advice from others so if anyone has any insight what so ever on breeding blood pythons, I am all ears.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-23-19, 09:40 AM   #2
ClockwerkBonnet

Re: Hi from AZ

Welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here.

Octopi are pretty cool in my opinion- maybe not as interesting as snakes, but it's funny seeing them on the move. I'm amazed you had two of them to care for during your school days.

While I don't keep or breed blood pythons, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress in doing so.
Old 03-25-19, 03:33 PM   #3
condescomputers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwerkBonnet View Post
Welcome to the forum! We're glad you're here.

Octopi are pretty cool in my opinion- maybe not as interesting as snakes, but it's funny seeing them on the move. I'm amazed you had two of them to care for during your school days.

While I don't keep or breed blood pythons, I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress in doing so.
Yes it will be slow progress on the breeding. I am in the process of buying a house. Once that is over with I will see what I can do as far as a room dedicated to the snakes. For at least the next 6 months I will not be moving forward with breeding. Another side note. Since its been so long since I've bred I am probably going to start breeding KSBs first. Then once I succeed there I will move to the Blood Pythons. I just don't want to end up with $5000 worth of slugs.
Old 03-25-19, 03:37 PM   #4
condescomputers

Here are pics of my Blood Python:

What do you guys think?
Old 03-25-19, 07:56 PM   #5
ClockwerkBonnet

That is a great looking snake!
Login to remove ads
Old 03-26-19, 05:49 AM   #6
Veronica

What a stunning snake!
Old 03-26-19, 09:04 AM   #7
condescomputers

Thanks for the kind words guys and gals. I appreciate it. This snake is so calm. Its a sweetheart.
Closed Thread