border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Lizard Forums > General Lizard Forum.

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-16, 04:03 PM   #1
Drevj12

Maybe Buying a Blue Tongue Skink?

So, I had believed I was set on a carpet python as my next baby that creeps out all my friends. Until one day I was surfing the internet, curious on how some people keep full grown crocodiles or gators as pets, and of course, because internet surfing is the equivalent of severe ADHD or a dog catching a glimpse of a squirrel, I ended up finding information and looking at blue tongue skinks. And now I feel like they may be a competitor to the carpet python for my next purchase. Maybe it's because they remind me of an alligator, which I'd be lying if I said I didn't want, or maybe I just subconsciously want to get a reptile besides snakes. I've already gotten quite a few responses on my post about carpets giving me plenty of breeders to go to if I decide to go that direction. But before I pull the trigger I figured I'd drop in here and ask if you good people had any pleasant experiences with Blue Tongue Skink breeders you could recommend me to. Thanks!
Login to remove ads
Old 12-07-16, 04:37 PM   #2
KrokadilyanGuy3

Send a message via AIM to KrokadilyanGuy3 Send a message via Yahoo to KrokadilyanGuy3
Re: Maybe Buying a Blue Tongue Skink?

Use to have a pair of BTS back in the day. Pretty cool animals. Use to get them excited with food items and they'd literally slide around in a snake like motion chasing the food items. Can't really go wrong with these guys but cant help with any personal experiences with breeders.
Old 12-07-16, 06:46 PM   #3
sockSnek

I can't really help with this, but you should check out red-eyed croc skinks.
Old 12-07-16, 07:46 PM   #4
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

I don't keep any lizards but if I ever did I think it would be a BTS. I think they're just the coolest and cutest little critters .
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 12-08-16, 03:53 PM   #5
AlbyTross

I love BTS so much, I want one so bad, I just love how grumpy they look ahaha. If I had the money I would do it. I also really want a fire skink but they always get pushed underneath all of the spiders and snakes on my wishlist
Login to remove ads
Old 01-01-17, 09:39 AM   #6
LISA127

Send a message via Yahoo to LISA127

BTS are the best choice for a pet lizard IMO. Have you decided yet?
Old 01-01-17, 12:58 PM   #7
Cricket1234

A BTS would be a great choice. They have such personality! Go to Bluetongueskinks.net to find great info and breeders. Wish you the best of luck!
Old 01-01-17, 01:10 PM   #8
trailblazer295

If I got a medium sized lizard it would probably be a BTS. I haven't seen too many in person which is probably a good thing lol.