border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Colubrid Forums > General Colubrid Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-20, 09:18 PM   #31
Curious New

Re: Looking for captive bred DeKay’s brown snakes!

Disregard my earlier post mentioning red wigglers, apparently they can be toxic depending on their diet. In other news, larger DeKays will sometimes eat small tadpoles or larval salamanders.
Old 09-21-20, 08:37 PM   #32
ChevyMom1

I am looking to adopt a Dekay's brown snake or 2 myself.
Old 09-27-20, 04:44 PM   #33
oddnie

Hello! I just stumbled upon this post luckily as I have been on the search for a captive bred DeKay's Brown snake! Do you still have any hatchlings available by chance?
Old 10-05-20, 07:04 PM   #34
ClockwerkBonnet

Good gravy, guys. He said there aren't any more. That's that.
Old 10-06-20, 09:58 PM   #35
oddnie

Yeah I posted before seeing everything, sorry
Login to remove ads
Old 12-03-20, 06:54 PM   #36
ReptiMom77

Quote:
Originally Posted by David339 View Post
I still have plenty. 5x more 2019 babies and about 12x 2020 babies. The 2020's are getting bigger(4-5 inches long, 1/8 inch wide) but still would require someone dedicated to get smaller worms for them. The 2019's are about twice that size and can eat the normal size worms you'd easily find in your backyard.
I've found a few sites for shipping through that I have successfully sent some snakes to people with so far.
I have been looking everywhere. We are doing reptile shows starting back in the spring and I really want to add these amazing guys to our educational show. I am a very experienced keeper, and also run a small rescue. We take very very good care of our animals and all our sweet scaly babies have bioactive setups, and we have done lots of research. If you have any dekays you can part with we really would love to have several of them. Male and female or 1 male and 2 females. Or if you will have any by spring 2021 would also be good. We are very well equipped to take care of babies, juveniles, or adults. If u could get back with me, by email I would really appreciate it. Nlefoy@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon.
Old 12-04-20, 08:17 AM   #37
ReptiMom77

David339, I tried to reply yesterday but it doesnt look like it worked. We have been looking for so long for some. If u still have any available or will have some available please let me know. Idk how to private message on here but I can give u my number or email address. We are picking back up with our reptile shows in the spring and these guys are so amazing I have been dying to add them to my educational shows. I hope u have some... omg that would be amaing.
Old 12-08-20, 01:12 PM   #38
LisaMarie2021

Highly interested in this snake should others become available? Please let me know if more come up in the future.
Old 12-14-20, 10:45 PM   #39
8bityoyo

Quote:
I have 18 babies this year. Three litters. The oldest are about a month old, the youngest are about 2 weeks. This batch is captive bred from captive bred parents. I don't sell them or anything but wouldn't mind sending some to good homes as long as it's legal for me to and you don't mind paying shipping. I also have 9 young adults that were last years babies, they are captive bred from wild caught parents. If you don't separate the males and females you will have a lot of these guys. They will breed the year they mature but don't seem to after that without hibernating. The neonates need small worms which i usually find in wet leaf litter(chances are better after it rains) at the woods edge and digging under.

That's so great! Hi I was wondering if you were still looking to re-home any of your dekays brown snakes? I'd definitely try to give them a good home. I'm from Massachusetts and so far the proud parent of a pain in the *** cornsnake but I'd love to get more snakes. Anyways. Hope they're all happy and healthy
Old 12-16-20, 02:04 PM   #40
chairman

Lol, maybe a moderator needs to just close this very old thread.
Login to remove ads
Old 12-16-20, 02:19 PM   #41
Veronica

Yeah, I think so xD
Old 12-17-20, 01:58 PM   #42
David339

Please close the thread. I had found homes for all my dekay's and am no longer doing anything with the species. Mostly because I got tired of digging up worms for them. I have seen since that walmart sells baby night crawlers.... these would have saved me from digging
Old 12-17-20, 09:40 PM   #43
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Other people may be looking for dekay's snakes.
Old 12-24-20, 11:49 PM   #44
Brickhousse

Quote:
I still have plenty. 5x more 2019 babies and about 12x 2020 babies. The 2020's are getting bigger(4-5 inches long, 1/8 inch wide) but still would require someone dedicated to get smaller worms for them. The 2019's are about twice that size and can eat the normal size worms you'd easily find in your backyard.
I've found a few sites for shipping through that I have successfully sent some snakes to people with so far.
Hi David, I’m interested. Would you please message me? I can’t find the button to PM you. Thanks.
Closed Thread