border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Boa Forums > General Boa Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-20, 10:51 PM   #1
hogbabyrae

Unhappy HELP. lost hog island boa..

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah and I have found myself in a devastating predicament. This is such a long shot but I thought this would be the best place to ask. I lost my boa outside. It's completely my fault and I feel beyond terrible but I am wondering if anyone has any tips on even the slightest chance of me finding her (believe me I know it's far fetched).

She's four and half to five years old around five feet or so. saturday night, or early sunday if you want to get technical, I left her outside by accident when I went to sleep and didnt realize til 8am the next morning. Around six hours or so. Shes a climber so she was up on some hanging flower pots and decor under my patio, which I've never actually ever seen her climb down from but of course when I woke up panicked and came out to see she was far gone.

This was yesterday morning. I live in El Paso, Texas and she is definitely not a desert snake.. My backyard opens up to a tilted desert spot up into a back alley. Tonight I thought I would move her enclosure outside with her hides and plenty of water. Create a humid space for her to escape and I have one rat left which I was going to try to leave overnight to tempt or lure her back somehow? I think I'm going to try to brain it, which I have never done but every little thing helps right?

We even posted to the neighborhood app just in case she got far enough to some other yard. I combed the back desert spot and my backyard thoroughly looking for any trace of her. Tried my best to think like a snake.

Any other suggestions? I am trying not to get my hopes up but you know..
Login to remove ads
Old 06-29-20, 11:33 PM   #2
poison123

Re: HELP. lost hog island boa..

There's no telling where your snake could be but a little story of mine might give some idea. I once had an amazon tree boa who got out of her enclosure. I looked all over my house and once it was clear to me that she wondered outside I really panicked. We have large tall trees everywhere so being an amazon TREE boa I assumed she was up high somewhere. Turns out she was in a shoe I had outside in my yard. Seems like she picked out the first shelter she could find. So pretty much I suggest you also seek out shelter spots on the ground as well as keeping an eye in the trees. Good luck on finding you snake!
Old 06-29-20, 11:47 PM   #3
hogbabyrae

Thank you! Yeah I have looked everywhere I swear. we have two trees outside and a big old bush and that back desert patch is covered in brush and bushes. I've searched all of our plants and pots and futon and god knows what else..
I know if i find her itll be by sheer fkn luck. But I appreciate your story

Because that was definitely something I worried about: the travel factor. stay really close or head out? I just keep picturing her dying or being killed in the worst possible ways and knowing it was my fault and preventable and she was my damn responsibility you know? ahh.
Old 06-30-20, 03:53 AM   #4
ReptiWorldWide

Im so sorry for all this i know this must be hard. But in my experience snakes go along a wall and instead of climbing it (even arboreal snakes) will typically just keep going along the wall or step... whatever it is that makes a line for them to follow. I have found many snakes doing this when herping, so maybe if you have closed fence it could have led him somewhere? I really hope you find him, best of luck!
Old 06-30-20, 03:17 PM   #5
hogbabyrae

Thanks I keep checking perimeters. and any hidey type of spot. I appreciate it!
Login to remove ads
Old 06-30-20, 10:12 PM   #6
EL Ziggy
Forum Moderator

The odds are long but I really hope you find your critter.
0.1 Albino Bull Snake (She-RA)~ 1.0 Snow Bull Snake (Apollo)~ 1.0 Coastal Carpet Python (Chomper)~ 1.0 JCP (Shredder)~ 1.0 Bredl Python (S'ven)~ 0.1 JJ x JCP (Trinity)~ 0.1 Albino Carpet Python (Akasha)~ 1.0 Olive Python (Nigel)~1.0 Scrub Python (Klauss)~ 1.0 BCI (Monty)~ 0.1 BCO (Xena)
Old 06-30-20, 11:33 PM   #7
hogbabyrae

Thanks! I have my fingers crossed and am still trying but yeah I know the odds are slim to none :/
Old 06-30-20, 11:34 PM   #8
hogbabyrae

also dont know if I'm doing these replies correctly but I hope you all see I see you and appreciate it!
Old 06-30-20, 11:36 PM   #9
poison123

yeah we see them.
Old 06-30-20, 11:38 PM   #10
hogbabyrae

thanks! I'm new at the whole forum thing. lol
Login to remove ads
Old 07-10-20, 01:40 AM   #11
richardhind

any news find your female,hope so
0.1 Common het Kahl BCI,,0.1 red pastel hypo het albino bci,0.1 kahl sunglow bci, 1.1 boa longicauda het "Zero",1.0 motley het kahl bci,0.1hypo img,1.0 hypo harlequin het vpi t+, 1.2 hypo 100%het albino and 100% het berry blood, 1.0 guyana bcc,1.0 hypo jungle het blood&het albino,1.0 albino motley0.1 sunglow motley,1.1 mandarinbelly leopard
Old 07-10-20, 12:16 PM   #12
hogbabyrae

Nope, haven't found her and I really doubt that I will. She maybe couldve somehow gotten back into the house but otherwise I truly believe she got on the roof or escapes the yard some other way. I'm sad and disappointed but theres really nothing I can do at this point.
Old 07-10-20, 12:22 PM   #13
hogbabyrae

I tried to post some photos a friend sent of her from a few days before but the file size is too large.
Closed Thread

Tags
braining rats, hog island boa, lost snake