border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Python Forums > General Python Forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-19, 04:53 PM   #1
Christian

My Banana Ball Python Won't Grow

Hello, I have had my male banana ball python for about 2 months now and I've had a few problems with his growth. The first problem is I can't remember if the person who I bought him from said that he was 3 months, or weeks, or days old. The problem is he is either around 2-3 months old, or he is 5 months old and he only weighs 55.4 grams that last I weighed him today! He has very saggy skin that almost doesn't even seem to attach to his body. He's not really short, and he has grown in length since I've had him (he is 17 inches as of today). His neck is literally about the size of a pencil and his stomach about the size of an average thumb. In the 2 months I've had him he's only eaten once which was about a month ago now. We try to feed him a fuzzy once every Sunday. Also in the 2 months that I've had him he hasn't shed once, but he's got that loose skin feeling, like he wants to (this isn't my first snake). However other than he is a very happy snake; he roams around and is very active in his enclosure. I'm extremely worried about his health and I will be taking him to where we bought him and hopefully the vet soon, but I was hoping I could get some help on here to make the process faster. Here are some pictures of him->>>
Login to remove ads
Old 11-24-19, 09:08 PM   #2
lady_bug87
Forum Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to lady_bug87
Re: My Banana Ball Python Won't Grow

First off, I want to say welcome!

55 grams is TINY for a BP. Like almost neonate sized. What are his enclosure stats? (Humidity and temps)

How are you heating his meal? How warm is it when you give it to him? How are you offering it? Are you leaving him with it? Are you dangling it?

Is it possible he was on live feeders and is having a hard time adjusting? Has he ever eaten for you? Where is his enclosure in your home (high vs low traffiic) Have you been handling him?

I know it's a lot of questions but answering them gives us a better idea how to help