border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > General Information Forums > Breeding / Incubation

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-19, 10:18 AM   #1
SnakesareCool

Thinking about breeding tangerine Honduran milksnake

Hi all! This is my first post here! I am looking into breeding Tangerine Honduran Milk snakes. I have one, I’m pretty sure she is a female but I really don’t know. Tangi is around 4 to 5 years. I would also need another snake...How do you post pictures here? Maybe I could post a picture of Tangi’s tail and maybe someone could give me a better idea-? Anyway I have some other questions.
What incubators do you all recommend? If I’m gonna do this I’m gonna get an awesome reptile incubator. Price doesn’t matter much. Oh and if it could be good for bearded dragons too, that would be great!
What bedding do you all like to use for eggs?
What containers do you like to use for eggs?
Is the cooling period really necessary prior to breeding?
I heard you cannot go above 84 and not below 80 and 90% humidity, correct? And what temperature do you set it on? 82F?
If I end up getting a male or female, what variations are there? I wouldn’t mind getting another type of tangerine, I want to stay in milksnakes and Hondurans but I wouldn’t mind a different color or something like that.
Thank you in advance!
Login to remove ads
Old 08-30-19, 10:43 AM   #2
PanUzasny

Re: Thinking about breeding tangerine Honduran milksnake

Don't know anything about breeding, but I do know you need to make 5 posts before being able to post a picture. I believe there is a FAQ that describes how to post pictures.
Old 08-31-19, 01:22 PM   #3
Benjamin1975

they should breed well with any milk or king snake but keep them housed apart because they are cannibalistic.except for breeding season then you can put them together
Old 09-02-19, 02:41 PM   #4
Scubadiver59

Welcome to sSNAKESs!!

Regarding the pictures, just post a link to the repository (i.e. Imgur, etc.) where you have them. At least that’s what I do...
Old 09-06-19, 08:25 AM   #5
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesareCool View Post
Hi all! This is my first post here! I am looking into breeding Tangerine Honduran Milk snakes. I have one, I’m pretty sure she is a female but I really don’t know. Tangi is around 4 to 5 years. I would also need another snake...How do you post pictures here? Maybe I could post a picture of Tangi’s tail and maybe someone could give me a better idea-? Anyway I have some other questions.
What incubators do you all recommend? If I’m gonna do this I’m gonna get an awesome reptile incubator. Price doesn’t matter much. Oh and if it could be good for bearded dragons too, that would be great!
What bedding do you all like to use for eggs?
What containers do you like to use for eggs?
Is the cooling period really necessary prior to breeding?
I heard you cannot go above 84 and not below 80 and 90% humidity, correct? And what temperature do you set it on? 82F?
If I end up getting a male or female, what variations are there? I wouldn’t mind getting another type of tangerine, I want to stay in milksnakes and Hondurans but I wouldn’t mind a different color or something like that.
Thank you in advance!
Loads of good questions.

First, I think it's best you find a quality mentor to assist you in sexing and helping you along in this journey. The internet can only take us so far.

Second, you'll need a mate and get it settled in and eating/quarantined before breeding.

Third, I found the cooling period is a pretty big deal for colubrids so I'd err on the side of caution and use it.

Fourth, lots of morphs but what is your budget? I would go with something with tang in it already. Like a tang albino. Sure you'll end up with no visual albinos in the clutch but all the babies will be tangerine and you can holdback to the coolest ones.

Fifth, I built my own incubator so I don't know about commercial ones. Before using it for multiple species ensure the temps are the same for both species eggs. Breeding beardies will garner many eggs and they may end up at the same time as the milk snakes and you might not have ideal conditions in one incubator.
Login to remove ads
Old 09-19-19, 07:06 PM   #6
SnakesareCool

Thank you for all your replies!
I went to a reptile show and bought a female HET Tangerine Honduran Milk snake (I named her Neon), and then I'm going to take my other snake Tangi to the next reptile show and see if they can tell me if Tangi's a male or a female. Then if Tangi's a girl I'll buy a male snake. And I'm going to see if anyone would be interested in being my mentor too.
Thank you all again!
Old 09-23-19, 01:56 PM   #7
Aaron_S
Forum Moderator

Send a message via MSN to Aaron_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakesareCool View Post
Thank you for all your replies!
I went to a reptile show and bought a female HET Tangerine Honduran Milk snake (I named her Neon), and then I'm going to take my other snake Tangi to the next reptile show and see if they can tell me if Tangi's a male or a female. Then if Tangi's a girl I'll buy a male snake. And I'm going to see if anyone would be interested in being my mentor too.
Thank you all again!
You mean a het albino tangerine? There is no such thing as a plain "het for tangerine".
Closed Thread