border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-05, 03:56 PM   #16
BOAS_N_PYTHONS

It' s a shame these recent events happened for whatever reason. I am not taking sides because I feel there is more than enough room for multiple forums to exist. I see no reason to tackle issues others brought up and believe that we as a membership have to keep repeating and using negativity surrounding these issues. I agree the membership makes these and other sites strong, there are pros and cons on this strength but I will not go into it.

I hope this site and others can operate equally as each of these forums are a wealth of knowledge to past, present and future members and viewers.

I guess the biggest issue I feel that does not belong here is the hobby politics. We all know they exist, but we don' t know the actual information or history in them. And in the end what does it really matter because there are emotions involved and these circumstances boil from that alone. Nobody is innocent in this but it takes true character to put this aside and live in peace. Sure for some of us this is business and being a small market in Canada competition is tight. But for others its a hobby that has some gains with information, friendships, and sharing of the love for the hobby.

I guess what I am saying is if the site is revamping itself and trying to be open to the membership and wanting to improve itself, then the issues of HOBBY POLITICS between members should be controlled and stopped.

I apologize to the membership as a whole and say sorry and it will not happen again, as I am focused on my hobby and other parts of my life and I can not be involved in the hobby as an active member. I will still be a member to all these forums but will do like many others who love the hobby but stay away from the politics.

I hope everyone accepts my apology or least lets the past be the past. I am not looking for a reply or comment just thought I would say sorry and leave it at that.
Old 03-18-05, 03:57 PM   #17
Joe

Send a message via MSN to Joe
Its not really a matter of loyalty, and im sure as soon as all this is dealt with Grants banner and many other things will be back up and running... there is no war here, these comunity's are all here for the same reason, to educate people, ssnakess.com isn't out to get anyone nor is the other sites, there has been a bit of confusion on the site lately and everything is being worked out and I sincerly hope we as a comunity can deal with this in a mature way..
Old 03-18-05, 03:58 PM   #18
augerdvm

Send a message via Yahoo to augerdvm
I think that an emergency forum would be beneficial as long as the topics are TRULY emergencies.....this could be abused and "like the boy who cried wolf" ..will make`people ignor the threads....

ie... a missing snake is not considred an emergency but a rectal prolapse would be etc. etc.

remember that 95% of emergencies should be dealt with through your herp vet FIRST.... time is of the essence in some instances....to be honest the time delay between posting and getting a reply could be the difference between life & death...

Use this forum for what its intended for......and no bashing

Just my opinion
Ottawa Ont. Canada
613-746-2443
Old 03-18-05, 03:59 PM   #19
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
Sometimes I think they should teach reading in school.

That's really immature Shadow. There is no animosity towards the 'other site' at all. I am just as active there as here.

If you'd read what was in the other thread, you'd know that the current team had nothing whatsoever to do with removing/banning/deleting anything.

This thread is here to be productive and to benefit, not bash. I expect this to be my last comment on the matter within this thread, now let's just brainstorm, ok?
Old 03-18-05, 04:03 PM   #20
Shad0w

LOL HeatherRose,

Like I said.. was just a comment
My personal feeling is Id rather support a 100% canadian run and owned site.

And honestly.. if there were no animosity to the other site.. WHY filter out reference to it? Cant even post its URL Hmm.. would that be called censorship if its not animosity?

Last edited by Shad0w; 03-18-05 at 04:09 PM..
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 04:10 PM   #21
Joe

that wasnt done by the mods on this site and im sure will be corrected soon!
Old 03-18-05, 04:16 PM   #22
kcpets

Send a message via MSN to kcpets
Im with Shadow. it was fun while it lasted. It just a matter of time before the US invasion begins and the canadian influce is lost. It's a shame as this was a great place for canadian herpers to get information, and lets not forget building friendships with other canadians. Also it is hard to believe that good people who have been supporting ssnakess with donations and have been buying photo hosting have all of the sudden been erased. The Moderators need to remeber that the canadain herpers are much closer to each other then in the states in general we all know each other and if one person gets screwed it doesn't take long to get around. Good luck ssnakess with the US market as canada wants a canadian site for canadain herpers. My new home page will be **************. thats it unless ssnakess stays canadian.
Old 03-18-05, 04:17 PM   #23
Shad0w

I have nothing against the mods.. I know some of them personally and they good people...

What does not sit well is the fact that ssnakes.com prided itself on being a canadian owned site...

This is taken right from the ssnakess.com home page statement:

"Although alot of our members are Canadian, we also have members from all over the globe! sSnakeSs.com isn't only for Canadians, but we do our best to provide Canada with some of the things American sites have, but we don't"

Sort of funny huh?
The purpose of ssnakess was to have a canadian owned site that offers what the american sites have...

I guess thats gone now.
If anyone still believes in that original statement... I guess they would move on.

I have nothing against our brothers to the south, but I take pride in whats Canadian.

Last edited by Shad0w; 03-18-05 at 04:25 PM..
Old 03-18-05, 04:18 PM   #24
kcpets

Send a message via MSN to kcpets
who is with me ?
Old 03-18-05, 04:20 PM   #25
Tim and Julie B
Please Email Boots

Quote:
Originally posted by HeatherRose
Sometimes I think they should teach reading in school.
LOL .......I think.....oh nevermind I don't think I am in a position to say anything my user ID got ....not banned or erased by turned into a guest book. With good reason. I don't blame Jeff one bit but it wasn't by my actions, all I wanted was some answers so I hope no one has a problem with me being here. As you can see I am here as a single member now. If they do just let me know. I still don't know what the hell went on but i don't really like either sites. I am not a complainer. I just ethically don't like the "change" on this site. But I have issues with the other. I am not going to say I won't post much because I can't keep my mouth shut when people need help or want to have a good discussion about a species. I am Irish we can not control the gift of the gab. Oh has anyone cracked the super secret stealth code of my member name??? LOL BT
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 04:25 PM   #26
joey

"Im with Shadow. it was fun while it lasted. It just a matter of time before the US invasion begins and the canadian influce is lost"

You know, I really resent that. You don't have a clue, so just come off as a bigot. Bright.

...you ought to just head off to that 'other' site man and just forget it.
Old 03-18-05, 04:26 PM   #27
Joe

as stated before... the site is still going to be run by Canadians and for Canadians... this site was built by it's members influance and will stay that way, nothing is going to change unless you people want it too!
Old 03-18-05, 04:26 PM   #28
Tim and Julie B
Please Email Boots

Oh as far as suggestions.......updating the home page regularly would help make it look better and give the impression that it's not been abandoned. As far as forums I think that you will run into lots of trouble with the disease forum as much as I would like one. As previously stated we are not vets and there are liability issues.
Old 03-18-05, 04:29 PM   #29
coldblooded

Quote:
It's a shame as this was a great place for canadian herpers to get information
People make me laugh. I don't think the info is going to be different for (as an example) a Canadian kept corn snake and an American kept corn snake. The information is still the same.

Truth to tell, I am probably useless in a brainstorming thread as my brain hasn't been working since the gov't began controlling my thoughts years ago...

Everything I can think of is already covered...

Mike
Old 03-18-05, 04:32 PM   #30
CORN_SNAKE91

Send a message via MSN to CORN_SNAKE91
as for adding things some care sheets arent even working and were brought to the attention of mods and they havent done anything to fix it or at least tell administration... i agree with .B miT<-- that the home page should be updated
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread