border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > Front Page Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: What's your favourite snake family?
Boidae 132 19.33%
Pythonidae 262 38.36%
Colubridae 180 26.35%
Viperidae 44 6.44%
Elapidae 22 3.22%
Tropidophiidae (Dwarf Boas) 11 1.61%
Atractaspididae (Burrowing Asps) 0 0%
Xenopeltidae (Sunbeam Snakes) 8 1.17%
Other 24 3.51%
Voters: 683. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-15, 10:05 PM   #46
jjhill001

Re: What's your favourite snake family?

Had to come in here and rep the colubrids for a bit. The variety! You can get a colubrid and set it up in a different habitat every time. Water snake: waterside habitat, Everglades rat snake: everglades habitat, Baird's rat snake: cliff side dry habitat, Thai bamboo rat snake: temperate rainforest mountain top type thing. That's mostly just rat snakes.

All sorts of awesome snakes. And if you want the big body of a python you can go with a bullsnake or a pine snake.
Old 02-04-15, 08:16 AM   #47
serpentgirl123

Boas all the way, but pythons are a close second (specifically Carpet Pythons). I own/owned colubrids, then ball pythons for a while, and when I got my first boa--I was in love right away. Just recently I got my first (and then second Carpet Python) and fell in love with them like the boas. I still have a few colubrids (1 kingsnake and 1 hoggie), but I don't plan on buying any more in the future.
Old 02-06-15, 10:22 PM   #48
FluffyGerbil

That was kinda a hard one! I chose colubridae. I find them more "cutesie" than other families. Especially as tiny hatchlings!!
Old 02-07-15, 05:44 AM   #49
marvelfreak
Captain America

I think we need to see more pictures. Lets see pictures from every one favorite family.
Old 02-07-15, 07:20 PM   #50
Pareeeee
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
I think we need to see more pictures. Lets see pictures from every one favorite family.
^^^ I agree!
Instagram: pareeeee17
Login to remove ads
Old 02-08-15, 11:37 PM   #51
D Grade

My vote was for Colubrid's because well...I'm a Colubrid guy and I love em. Possibly slightly biased because my first snake is a Cali King, but I did alot of research before getting him and Colubrid's just fit the bill for us. There are so many King morphs (Coastal Phase, Aberrant, MBK, Thayeri, AZ Mountain), Milk Morphs (Honduran, Sinaloan, Nelson), and Corn morphs that I love, I simply want em all. It was very tough deciding which one to get first, but now Im determined to simply collect all of the ones I want.

Let me make one thing clear, my vote for favorite actually might have gone Viperidae if I felt my chances of actually owning at least one would be greater than 30%. If I actually could get one, I would want nothing more than my own AZ Black Rattle Snake. Heck I wouldn't mind a Mojave, Western Diamondback, or Sidewinder for that matter. However Ill just stop now while Im ahead of myself.
Anatolius - 1.0 Honduran Milk (Lampropeltis Triangulum Hondurensis) Valentina - 0.1 Sonoran Gopher (Pituophis Catenifer Affinis) Medusa - 0.1 Black-Tailed Rattlesnake (Crotalus Molossus Molossus) Bubba - 1.0 AZ Mountain King (Lampropeltis Pyromelana)
Old 02-09-15, 04:32 PM   #52
CrotalusFan

Elapid....I believe the first time I ever saw one was Riki Tiki Tavi and I think I was hooked before the end of the cartoon. I'd love to house one myself but don't trust my experience level to make that jump yet. The closest experience I probably have is a black racer but I wasn't trying to control that with hooks!

I've worked with my share of pit-vipers but there's really no comparison there either. I guess I may take the plunge someday starting with a baby and learn what works best for me as I go. Would like to think so anyway...
Old 02-10-15, 12:40 PM   #53
D Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Grade View Post

Let me make one thing clear, my vote for favorite actually might have gone Viperidae if I felt my chances of actually owning at least one would be greater than 30%. If I actually could get one, I would want nothing more than my own AZ Black Rattle Snake. Heck I wouldn't mind a Mojave, Western Diamondback, or Sidewinder
Forgot to put Crotalus after Viperidae.
Anatolius - 1.0 Honduran Milk (Lampropeltis Triangulum Hondurensis) Valentina - 0.1 Sonoran Gopher (Pituophis Catenifer Affinis) Medusa - 0.1 Black-Tailed Rattlesnake (Crotalus Molossus Molossus) Bubba - 1.0 AZ Mountain King (Lampropeltis Pyromelana)
Old 02-10-15, 02:56 PM   #54
Thorn

Elapidae hands down for me <3 Mostly the Black Mamba... I mean... How can you argue with the speed, shiny black scales and deadly factor? <3
Old 02-11-15, 09:13 AM   #55
Jenny BP

[QUOTE=SSSSnakes;950474]Elapidae, what more needs to be said?

OMG... beautiful Cobras!!!!!
Login to remove ads
Old 02-13-15, 01:45 PM   #56
D Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Elapidae hands down for me <3 Mostly the Black Mamba... I mean... How can you argue with the speed, shiny black scales and deadly factor? <3
I would definitely vote Elapidae as well for the sake of King and Egyptian Cobra's.
Old 02-13-15, 03:05 PM   #57
herplover

I cant believe how few votes vipers are getting here! So many great species with amazing colors and patterns. My Temple viper pair are some fo my favorites in my collection.
Old 02-13-15, 06:56 PM   #58
Mad Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by herplover View Post
I cant believe how few votes vipers are getting here! So many great species with amazing colors and patterns. My Temple viper pair are some fo my favorites in my collection.
Well, it is pretty hard to pick a favorite family. I'm not even sure that I have one; boas are just my favorite snakes to keep.
Old 03-05-15, 08:20 PM   #59
kiiarah

My vote has to go to pythons because of their amazing temperaments, not to mention their adorable faces. They are without question the most gentle looking snake. That being said I also love vipers and elapids. The fact that you can't get up close with either of them bumps them down but they do fascinate me.
Old 04-14-15, 07:44 PM   #60
KingMilk

Can't beat a Cobra!!
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread