border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > All Other Herp Forums > Aquatic forum

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-03, 07:21 AM   #16
Darlene

Send a message via MSN to Darlene Send a message via Yahoo to Darlene
Let us know what you meant as eels , Don. If Youkai is right you need a big set-up for those guys. They aren't "easy".
Old 05-21-03, 08:16 AM   #17
snakemann87
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snakemann87 Send a message via MSN to snakemann87 Send a message via Yahoo to snakemann87
Thanks for the info. WHen i say eels Im meaning the little guys that you explained darlene. My friend had a yellow and black on(alternating stripes). I am going out to buy the tank today, Im holding off on the fish until everything is ready. But what are the dwarf frogs like in care, and size?? Also their price.
Old 05-21-03, 10:09 AM   #18
corr

That sounds like a Kuhli Loach. Great fish! They like lots of hiding places, sand, and being in groups.

Dwarf frogs only get about an inch long and are 3-5 bucks each.
Old 05-21-03, 01:56 PM   #19
Darlene

Send a message via MSN to Darlene Send a message via Yahoo to Darlene
African Dwarf Frogs are a bit more here , $6 - $8. They like all the conditions I described for you in my 5g except a bit lower pH. They like 6.8 - 7.0 for their pH. If you can keep it around 7.0 then all will be OK. Corr is right about their size , my biggest could sit on a loonie & lived about 4 years. I have known them to live up to 8 , though. They eat off the bottom mostly or grab things partially sunk. Any food will suit them but they do like the shrimp.
Remember the advice on starting a new tank , too , so you won't lose any fish unnecessarily. Water testers & adjusters , as well as lots of foods & meds , are found at WalMart also. take a good look at what yours has , & your pet store , so you know what's around if you need it. Lots of luck & feel free to contact me ! Dar.
Old 05-21-03, 05:04 PM   #20
snakemann87
Banned

Send a message via AIM to snakemann87 Send a message via MSN to snakemann87 Send a message via Yahoo to snakemann87
well unfortunately i didn't pick up the tank A month ago my dad got a VERY good job offer, good enough for my parents to think. Yesterday it was a closed deal that they want to move. Right now we are awaiting the call for details and if they're as good as they sounded, we're outta good ol' Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, hello sunny Pheonix, Arizona. I thought about it, and I have a ton of herps to move out with me and am going to have to be monitoring them while my dad and I drive out(my mom and siblings get to fly). So after talking with my parents I have come to the decision to hold off on the fish, since I have no idea how they do traveling on the road for days. I think of this as a plus though, I will have plenty of time to research the care, the fish I'd like, etc. Oh, not to mention more money saved up for a bigger tank I will still be asking some ?'s so please bare with me if you could. If I get too annoying just tell me, I'll try to eleviate the ?'s
Login to remove ads
Old 05-21-03, 05:22 PM   #21
corr

Well well, congrats on the new life! Phoenix is a big move from PA!

I don't think anyone here is going anywhere soon, so ask away whenever you're ready.
Old 05-21-03, 05:25 PM   #22
snakemann87
Banned

thank you, I am also going to try and save up alot, cause I in just IN LOVE with the balas, but their size is what is troubling me. If I can I'd like to get them.
Old 05-21-03, 10:34 PM   #23
Shane Tesser

Thats is a very wise choice! Im glad to see your taking the proper steps to getting there ....and no..they dont travel well!!!
Old 05-21-03, 11:02 PM   #24
Tinytim12333

Send a message via AIM to Tinytim12333 Send a message via Yahoo to Tinytim12333
I guess your going to like it here, exept it got 104 today, maybe ill be able to meet ya. Phoenix is a very nice place. Hopefully you like it here. Bring me some chocolate from Hersey plz.

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?Tinytim12333
Make money the easy way.
Old 05-22-03, 08:09 AM   #25
snakemann87
Banned

yeah Im happy with my decision also shane Where in pheonix tim?? I am almost 90% sure we're moving to Anthem. Check it out at www.anthemarizona.com
Login to remove ads
Old 05-22-03, 10:58 AM   #26
Tinytim12333

Send a message via AIM to Tinytim12333 Send a message via Yahoo to Tinytim12333
I live in kinda north kinda west phoenix

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?Tinytim12333
Make money the easy way.
Old 05-22-03, 12:00 PM   #27
snakemann87
Banned

awesome. what herps have you caught. when i visit so far all ive found was a dead baby rattler, and a small lizard.
Old 05-22-03, 12:22 PM   #28
snakemann87
Banned

hey i was just looking at some fish sites. and here is a list of species i like, if you could tell me how suitable theyd be. and remember it will b awhile so ill have more money to spend now
Black Shark, Black-Finned Shark, Bala Shark, Dwarf Snakehead, Oscar, any Pleco, Upside Down Catfish, Rainbow Shark, Red Finned Cigar Shark, Red Bellied and Black Piranhas, Red Tailed Shark, Siamese Tigerfish, Swordtail, Variegated Sharks, and Wolf fish. Wow I just realized thats alot, but this doesnt mean these are the only kinds id get. Also if any of these are TOO TOO hard or over around 30-40 dollars then tell me. Thanks A TON in advance

Don

Last edited by snakemann87; 05-22-03 at 12:30 PM..
Old 05-23-03, 02:38 AM   #29
Shane Tesser

Lol...youve been busy...i think i could write volumes on why almost all of those are not for beginners..the most on housing requirements alone....but i like the swordtail choice..for a begginer..you cant go wrong...plus they breed like mad...actually if you dig in hard enough..you will learn that they can lack a male for an extended period of time and still give birth...or if there is only two females in a tank..or two males...they are one of the few animals in the world that can actually change sex!!! See, the common swordtail can be wonderus..and easy to keep
Old 05-23-03, 07:27 AM   #30
snakemann87
Banned

wow thats awesome, i will get some of those, but are there any shark like ones that arent big?
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread