border
sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Enclosure Creation Forums > General Enclosure Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-19, 11:53 AM   #1
BurntFrosting

Exclamation Red Tail Boa Enclosure Help?

Hello I am going to be the new owner of a one year old red tail boa in two weeks and I would love some help making sure I am giving them a good home.
Since he is a year old I've been doing research on what size he probably is (I am still waiting for the seller to get back to me on that matter) But from multiple sources it seems they average between 3-4 feet at a year old. So I have a temporary set up in a 4ft by 2ft tank while hes still young but in a few months I will have a 9ft by 2ft tank. I wanted to make sure the options I have chosen are going to be safe for him right now. Any suggestions would be great!
I'll edit this if the seller is able to tell me his exact size right now.
Login to remove ads
Old 03-03-19, 04:21 AM   #2
Sid07882

Re: Red Tail Boa Enclosure Help?

At 1 year of age the 4x2 tank should be sufficient for awhile. It's good to see someone new to the hobby doing research instead of just buying a herp and not having a clue. Thank you for that.
Old 03-03-19, 02:00 PM   #3
BurntFrosting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid07882 View Post
At 1 year of age the 4x2 tank should be sufficient for awhile. It's good to see someone new to the hobby doing research instead of just buying a herp and not having a clue. Thank you for that.
I hate when people impulse by animals. It only hurts the animal's quality of life. Thank you so much for the feedback! I'm glad experienced owners are willing to help the newbies out.
Old 03-04-19, 05:56 PM   #4
Sid07882

That's exactly how a 6ft alligator ended up in a little fishing hole I go to all the way up North in New Jersey.
Old 03-08-19, 11:25 AM   #5
Brently

My red tail was housed in an enclosure around that size for a couple years but i strongly recommend custom building a larger enclosure in the near future. Mine is 8ft by 2ft by 3ft high. I know this is large but these snakes get big and will use the space.
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread

Tags
boa, enclosure, first time owner, red tail boa, rtb