Found via search, liked the atmosphere 155 38.37%
Was recommended to join 48 11.88%
Found via search, liked the knowledge available 205 50.74%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 404. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-11, 07:49 AM   #16
ladyjustice33

Re: What brought you here..

I looked at various forums for information and stumbled across this one. I also liked the idea of interacting with like minded people. I like to talk about my reptiles and hear things from others in the same hobby. Most of my friends and co-workers could care less about my hobby and frankly don't understand how I "allow" snakes in my home. Nice to talk about snakes and other reptiles without having to hear "ewwww" or "they give me the creeps", etc. There is also a wealth of information on this site and I learn something new just about everytime I get on here, lol !
1.1 columbian rainbow boa, 1.1 pastel BP, 1.0 pastel BP het clown, 0.1 normal BP het clown, 0.1 spider BP, 0.3 normal BP, 0.1 yellow belly BP, 1.0 mojave BP, 1.0 Cinny BP, 0.1 het pied BP, 3.5 corns, 0.2 dogs, 1.2.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons
Old 09-21-11, 07:57 AM   #17
youngster
Snake Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjustice33 View Post
I looked at various forums for information and stumbled across this one. I also liked the idea of interacting with like minded people. I like to talk about my reptiles and hear things from others in the same hobby. Most of my friends and co-workers could care less about my hobby and frankly don't understand how I "allow" snakes in my home. Nice to talk about snakes and other reptiles without having to hear "ewwww" or "they give me the creeps", etc. There is also a wealth of information on this site and I learn something new just about everytime I get on here, lol !
So, so very true. I hate it when people are completely ignorant saying "Ewww snakes are slimy!" or "They'll kill you first chance they get!" (both true stories) My response to that is "Try telling that to my 14 inch baby corn snake He doesn't even know he can bite!"
Sage Riddle Finch
Old 09-21-11, 01:25 PM   #18
ladyjustice33

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngster View Post
So, so very true. I hate it when people are completely ignorant saying "Ewww snakes are slimy!" or "They'll kill you first chance they get!" (both true stories) My response to that is "Try telling that to my 14 inch baby corn snake He doesn't even know he can bite!"
I've heard both myself, lol.....especially the slimy comment!
1.1 columbian rainbow boa, 1.1 pastel BP, 1.0 pastel BP het clown, 0.1 normal BP het clown, 0.1 spider BP, 0.3 normal BP, 0.1 yellow belly BP, 1.0 mojave BP, 1.0 Cinny BP, 0.1 het pied BP, 3.5 corns, 0.2 dogs, 1.2.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons
Old 09-21-11, 01:44 PM   #19
jtfife

I joined not to long ago. I enjoy reading up on information about snakes and reptiles in general. I was searching for more information on proper husbandry for carpet pythons and found a lot of conflicting information out on the Internet. I came across this forum and read a ton on here. I was sold by the content and atmosphere on this forum. I figured I should learn from others experience instead of trying to sort through what is valid or not on the web.
Old 09-21-11, 02:31 PM   #20
bladeblaster

I was searching for info on Greater Green snakes, the forum came up. I had a look around, liked it and joined
Login to remove ads
Old 09-21-11, 03:27 PM   #21
Lankyrob
Non Carborundum Illegitimi

I came for the reptiles and stayed for the people!
Old 09-21-11, 03:53 PM   #22
NennaMeerkat
The Scorpion Whisperer

I just wanted to say...

I joined when I found via a search AND needed to ask a specific question BUT stayed cause I liked BOTH the knowledge base AND the atmosphere

-1.0.0 Bearded Dragon-0.1.0 Western Hognose-0.2.0 Leopard Gecko-0.2.0 Dumbo Rat-
Old 09-21-11, 04:31 PM   #23
marvelfreak
Captain America

I actually was on the Reptile Forum.com i had just join and was having issues navigating the site. It was slow as hell. When i was waiting for a page to load i notice Other Forums at the top of the page. So i clicked it and sSnakess.com was on there so i checked it out.

When i join Boots had just bought the site. It was kind of slow starting off, but one of the things i really like was I asked my questions and didn't get my a-s handed to me like on the another forum from Australia. Shaunyboy, Feebo, Wayne, Kimberly, and Percey39 all join around the same time as i did give or take a month or two. Mykee, Arron S., Citysnake, Markgonesnakee. were all vet on here who i found very helpful. Plus i like there straight forward approach with their advice. Shortly after great guys like Rob,Greg, and Freebody all join.

One of the other things i liked was we all start post that help us get to know each other better. Like Show Your Ink and What's Your Profession just to name a couple of many. This thread got as talking about other cool things not just reptiles. I like to think i have made some really cool friends from all over the world on here. I belong to some other sites, but sSnakeSs is my reptile home. I like to say i am proud to be a part of it all.
Old 09-21-11, 04:36 PM   #24
presspirate
domi adsum

Send a message via Yahoo to presspirate

Hey Chuck! We all feel the same. I am glad to have gotten to know you all.

"You hold the door open for the world forever you're never gonna get inside"
Keith Malley
Old 09-22-11, 04:40 PM   #25
marvelfreak
Captain America

Quote:
Originally Posted by NennaMeerkat View Post
I just wanted to say...

I joined when I found via a search AND needed to ask a specific question BUT stayed cause I liked BOTH the knowledge base AND the atmosphere
I think this is why many join. Since Boots took over and made Wayne Mod this site has grown big time. I think it because we have a great core group which is always growing to. One of the things i really like is i am always learning new.
Old 09-22-11, 05:40 PM   #26
red ink
Wandering Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelfreak View Post
I actually was on the Reptile Forum.com i had just join and was having issues navigating the site. It was slow as hell. When i was waiting for a page to load i notice Other Forums at the top of the page. So i clicked it and sSnakess.com was on there so i checked it out.

When i join Boots had just bought the site. It was kind of slow starting off, but one of the things i really like was I asked my questions and didn't get my a-s handed to me like on the another forum from Australia. Shaunyboy, Feebo, Wayne, Kimberly, and Percey39 all join around the same time as i did give or take a month or two. Mykee, Arron S., Citysnake, Markgonesnakee. were all vet on here who i found very helpful. Plus i like there straight forward approach with their advice. Shortly after great guys like Rob,Greg, and Freebody all join.

One of the other things i liked was we all start post that help us get to know each other better. Like Show Your Ink and What's Your Profession just to name a couple of many. This thread got as talking about other cool things not just reptiles. I like to think i have made some really cool friends from all over the world on here. I belong to some other sites, but sSnakeSs is my reptile home. I like to say i am proud to be a part of it all.

Sorry bout your experience mate... I think I could take a wild guess at which forum and be spot on. Don't take it personally that place is just like that. If you can get through the crap, there are some golden nuggets of info and helpfull experienced peeps on there.

Now to why I'm here... stumbled upon it looking for places to chill and generally have a chat about Morelias.
Old 09-22-11, 06:08 PM   #27
Freebody
Veteran Member

I was searching snake info, i had a question about bella, got chewed up on a different forum, like, What how didnt i know that.... lol so i found this site, seen alot of good info i knew to be true, got a good vibe between the memebers, and joined, and its one of the best decisions i have made in years. you said it right chuck, we do have friends all over the world now. I'll cheers to that
Old 09-22-11, 06:24 PM   #28
infernalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeblaster View Post
I was searching for info on Greater Green snakes, the forum came up. I had a look around, liked it and joined
My cyclophiops Major threads drew people to a few forums.

Sadly, that species does so poorly in captivity that I have yet to meet anyone who had one longer than a year.

Savannahmonitor.net
Old 09-23-11, 03:44 AM   #29
bladeblaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
My cyclophiops Major threads drew people to a few forums.

Sadly, that species does so poorly in captivity that I have yet to meet anyone who had one longer than a year.
I am still hoping to get a trio at some point mate, so I will be sure to keep you updated if I do
Old 09-23-11, 09:32 AM   #30
shaunyboy
slainte mhath

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
This poll allowes more than one answer.
thanks mate
Closed Thread