sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum

Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > Community Forums > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-20, 04:30 PM   #1
Scottnokes2020

Please help: Rhough Green Snake

hi everyone
I recently purchased a rough green snake and it has these marks on it. I keep telling the company and they say is normal and will go away when he sheds.
Is this right or do i need to rush him to a reptile vet.
Thank you
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201028_171749.jpg (32.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20201028_171914.jpg (44.2 KB, 10 views)
Login to remove ads
Old 10-29-20, 01:20 PM   #2
Veronica

Re: Please help: Rhough Green Snake

Yeah those aren't normal and needs a vet. Rough green snakes are almost 100% all wild caught and usually do very poorly in captivity. The company you bought from is pretty much trash if they both sold you a sick animal and told you it's normal. Hopefully the vet can help.
Old 10-29-20, 08:21 PM   #3
chairman

Re: Please help: Rhough Green Snake

It does appear to have the amount of scarring and injuries that you'd expect from a wild caught snake. The wounds will probably heal with proper care but scarring rarely does.

Your snake probably needs to be medicated for parasites, internal and possibly external, as well as for any issues that may complicate the healing of the wounds on the skin. Unfortunately, treatment for such things usually causes a snake to stop feeding, which isn't the best situation when your snake needs nourishment for healing.

I'd get the snake feeding consistently on dusted crickets, or whichever prey you're using. Only after it is eating would I bring it to a vet. Just keep the cage clean and your husbandry on point until then.

I bet I could guess which company sold that snake but doing so would violate forum rules. (The rule dates back to when the Board of Inquiry was still around, basically says to air your grievances there, not here.)
Closed Thread

Tags
snake health