Go Back   sSNAKESs : Reptile Forum > sSNAKESs.com Forums > sSNAKESs.com

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-05, 03:00 PM   #1
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
Taking SsnakesS.com back...

Hey everyone.

In light of what has happened last night, and what's been happening for the past little with the moderators alone not being able to do anything with the site, it's being promised that from now on the site will be taken care of.

What do the members want?

In the past requests for new forums have been made, as well as requests for other changes. We'd like to hear what these requests are and give them to you.

We intend to update the front page and add forums that have been/will be requested by members...

I/we really want to see this site in the hands of the members, and I know this opinion is shared by many.

Please don’t let this post get out of hand; it’s for the good of the site. Bashing any further won’t get anyone anywhere, nor will it get our problems solved. Feel free to ask questions. If anyone has anything to say they don’t want to post, feel free to PM myself or any one of the other mods.

This process would take a few weeks, so please be patient.

-Heather
Login to remove ads
Old 03-18-05, 03:05 PM   #2
DataRipper

So its true that the site has sold out to the us?
Old 03-18-05, 03:06 PM   #3
joey

cool.
Old 03-18-05, 03:09 PM   #4
clint545

Send a message via MSN to clint545
I'd like to see a forum that relates to diseases and illness!
Old 03-18-05, 03:11 PM   #5
Joe

Send a message via MSN to Joe
The site is still run mainly by Canadians, with US influance it could only do good for the comunity... I have been on this site since it's infancy and seen it grow... it's not just a Canadian site anymore, this site has grown rather quickly and is a very knowledgable site... I for one am glad and happy the site is now being run by someone else and I feel it will only benifit...
Old 03-18-05, 03:11 PM   #6
HeatherRose

Send a message via MSN to HeatherRose
Awesome....

What does everything think the pros and cons to an 'emergency' help forum would be?
Old 03-18-05, 03:12 PM   #7
coldblooded

Good call... A disease and illness forum would be interesting.
Old 03-18-05, 03:12 PM   #8
Alien_Regalis

The site was sold yes. All of us moderators feel that the site needs to remain unique. sSNAKESs.com is not going to lose its personality, that wich has made it one of the top reptile forums in the world. Its each of you that has helped to make it such. Its each person on this forum that has helped to make ssnakess.com what it is today, not the owners. With all of us here we will continue to make ssnakess.com grow and make this an even greater place ( if such a thing can be ). This is why we want YOUR suggestions. What do you feel the site is missing? What would you like to see in the future?

"Im very passionate about pigs"
Steve Irwin
Old 03-18-05, 03:15 PM   #9
coldblooded

The fact that everyone thinks they have an emergency....

And, by emergency help, do you mean: Help, my (insert species here) is wheezing, what should I do?

Mike
Old 03-18-05, 03:17 PM   #10
joey

Quote:
Originally posted by HeatherRose
Awesome....

What does everything think the pros and cons to an 'emergency' help forum would be?
An 'emergency' forum would be extremely benefical for ANYone ---I think that's a stellar idea!
Old 03-18-05, 03:33 PM   #11
Paleosuchus

I really enjoy this site and did not want to leave, glad we are trying to work this out. The emergency help forum is a awesome idea and like said would help a great deal.
I would like to see a current event type forum where if there is a change in genus etc... it can be discussed. Such as the Elaphe to Pantherophis.

-Jason
Old 03-18-05, 03:33 PM   #12
Wizwise2000

Yes, I'm with the "Emergency" forum being a good idea too. Really good idea.

Shane
Old 03-18-05, 03:51 PM   #13
kcpets

Send a message via MSN to kcpets
how about this idea......lets keep ssnakess a canadian site so canadian herps can continue to build and not be over shadowed by hudge us breeders
Old 03-18-05, 03:51 PM   #14
Big Mike

The problem with an emergency forum is that there are too many conflicting opinions around here. Just the other day, I got a few suggestions for treating a suspected RI. Some suggestions were completely opposite of some others...how is someone supposed to figure out anything when that happens? If an emergency forum were to work, I think it would have to be moderated by a qualified Herpetologist or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.

A better idea might be to have a place for articles or links to what to do in sickness/illness situations. Or at least something pointing to the search functions.

I think anything that gets people to use the search function would be beneficial. How many times do the same questions get asked over & over again?
Old 03-18-05, 03:51 PM   #15
Shad0w

Just a comment... After seeing how long the home page has been stagnant, it sure is impressive how quickly the PCPets banner was removed from the ssnakess home page.

Dispite the fun Ive had on ssnakess, my loyalty remains with Grant and the boys at PCPets. Off to www reptiles / canada dot com

Last edited by Shad0w; 03-18-05 at 03:53 PM..
Login to remove ads
Closed Thread